[Open] "Eisai", a slice-of-life, college-based VN, is looking for artists and musicians

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Leonhart231
Projects: Eisai, DEAD LAST

[Open] "Eisai", a slice-of-life, college-based VN, is looking for artists and musicians

#1 Post by Leonhart231 »

Hello everyone! I'm Leonhart231, posting on behalf of Shotglass Studios for our game called "Eisai".

Story/genre
Eisai is a visual novel about first impressions, how they are often what they first seemed, and how strangers in new places can surprise you. The main character, running from a dysfunctional family, hopes to get a fresh start in college after being accepted to a prestigious honor society program called “Eisai”. But the studious young introvert quickly learns that “fresh starts” require embracing that which you’re not used to and leaving your comfort zone. It’s a comedy, a drama, a romance…a slice of life!

You can see the current state of the game by downloading the current version here on GitLab. The writing and programming is basically complete, but we need some art assets and music to finish it up.

Here's a few more images from the game so you can get a feel for the style: Who is on the team
Wolvenfire86 is the creative lead and main writer for the project. I, Leonhart231, am the programmer.

What we're looking for
We are looking for artists able to work for free on backgrounds and a couple smaller tasks like a couple visual effects, plus people who can work on music for the game.

We're looking for about 17 backgrounds in total for. You can see the current ones here. The visual effects would be things like smoke and rain overlays to be added to scenes. Music is more open ended and doesn't have a firm plan or set of requirements.

If you are interested, please get in touch and send/link some examples of your work. Thank you very much for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Updates
2019-02-19: We have filled the sprite artist position, but are still looking for a background artist.
2020-01-23: Updated the current status of the game and links and re-opened the sprite artist position.
2021-04-19: Updated the current status again, closed the sprite work, and added music.
Last edited by Leonhart231 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

porogi

Re: "Eisai", a slice-of-life, college-based VN, is looking for artists

#2 Post by porogi »

Hello, I sent you examples of my sprites in private message.
Does your project have a particular deadline?

Leonhart231

#3 Post by Leonhart231 »

porogi wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:55 am Hello, I sent you examples of my sprites in private message.
Does your project have a particular deadline?
I sent you a PM back, thanks for reaching out. As for the deadline, there is nothing set right now.

Leonhart231

#4 Post by Leonhart231 »

Hello everyone! I'm bumping the thread since I've updated the current status and what is still needed in the OP.

Leonhart231

#5 Post by Leonhart231 »

Hello again! Bumping the thread since the game is now virtually complete outside art and audio. All updates are in the OP.