Just curious

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Aniknk
Regular

Just curious

#1 Post by Aniknk »

Hello everyone. My second theard. This time I'm just curious how much does one pay for artists work (I will need one eventually, but not sure if anyone would work with me for free, as I'm just some noob) and if it's better to pay for quantity or working hours (and how much it cost normally per hour/one art). Also, what is your experience with paid work? Thanks in advance. I'll try to ask on discord as well.
I wish I had an talent to do graphics. Or any other talents. But you know what they talking about people without any talents, they have a big pe***es. No wait. They talk so about people with big feets...

HBPencilNeko

Re: Just curious

#2 Post by HBPencilNeko »

The price varies from artist to artist as well as the work. But let's say you are paying an artist for a full-body anime character artwork without any background, the price is around JPY15000 (USD137). But you can always find cheaper somewhere else if you put enough time.

If you have a good project, some artists are willing to work for you with Rev-Share. But that is also hard to find as well.

morinoir
Regular
itch: blackpepper

Re: Just curious

#3 Post by morinoir »

Tbh, it depends on a lot of different factors. Some amateur artists I found here can charge as low as $10 per sprite, while those with more experience usually charge $80+ for a sprite. If you need extra like expressions or different pose and outfit, they also have their own price. As for background artists, they usually charge from $40 to $100+ and from what I remember, GUI artist charge $100+ per project. Might not be very accurate tho, so check out the 'I am an Artist' section : viewforum.php?f=62 to do your own research.

All of those price I mention are cost per commission. I do found several that charge per hour on this forum but I can't really say much about it. There are also several threads in the 'General Discussion' section : viewforum.php?f=13 about tips on how to commissioned an artist and how to avoid getting scammed.