[UPDATE 6/13] Love Splash: A gay mermen story for YaoiJam2019!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
troublednature
Projects: Love Splash
Organization: TBD Games
Deviantart: tobedecided001
itch: tobedecided001

[UPDATE 6/13] Love Splash: A gay mermen story for YaoiJam2019!

#1 Post by troublednature »

UPDATE [6/13]: I've been receiving a lot of people interested (way more than I'd expected!), and I realized that at this rate, I'll have to be much more organized with the people I work with.

As a result, I've made this Google Forms for all of you to fill out so that I can keep track of everyone involved and give them tasks adequate to their preferences and time commitment. It also makes it easier in case I need to turn some people away 😭 (I'd really rather not do that but I can only manage so much 💔). Thanks for understanding!

Link to application:
https://forms.gle/ZqVhsZCD1XEzdbJV7

Hey guys, I'm recruiting a team for Yaoi Jam. It's about a surfer boy falling in love with a merman. Since we've still got a while until Yaoi Jam starts, things are still very much in the concept stage.

I want this to be a successful game. Here are some of my goals:

🧜‍♂️ Around 15k words.
🧜‍♂️ Sweet, cute romance.
🧜‍♂️ Embraces LGBT+ identity.

My role on the team is mainly as a programmer and GUI Artist. That's what I have the most experience with. But, I'm willing to work on pretty much every aspect that needs help. Except maybe music, since that's a big weakness for me. I know how to appreciate it, but the finer aspects of music have always flown right over my head.

Also, I will warn you, my English seems alright only because I have a paid subscription to Grammarly which helps a lot. I always put everything I write through it first, before I post it. This includes text messages. So it takes me some time to reply if it's anything that needs accurate grammar. If I reply quickly and my English is terrible, you know why.

I already have a few lovely people who have volunteered to work on this project with me:
Selidor: An insanely talented BG artist.
a': Proofreader who also helps out with ideas and inspiration.
xXCrybabyXx: An awesome writer who helps me figure things out.

The roles I'm looking for are:
Writers: I can write... somewhat. People tell me that my writing feels too "unrealistic" at times, and I'm also quite slow at it. So I'll take as much help as I can get in this aspect.

Artists: Like I said above, I can draw a little. But the game would be much better with a quality artist who can make the game stand out visually. We'll be working together closely to determine the aesthetic of the game. Since I'm a UI/UX Design student, I know a significant amount about what is appealing. So don't worry that you'll be working with someone totally clueless about design 😂.

Editors and Proofreaders: I don't know much about editing and proofreading, but what I do know is that it's crucial to make sure that the game is consistent.

Literally anyone who likes the idea: Seriously, even if you don't want to be part of the production team, or if you just want to help in bits and pieces, it doesn't matter! We can still chat and talk about ideas together!

Who am I?
That's a good question, you probably would be reluctant to work on a game with a total stranger. I know I would! I'm Ryan, just a guy who loves VNs (especially if it's gay 😘). I've been playing them for quite some time, but the idea to make them has been more recent. I'm most experienced in coding... in Java. Yeah, that's pretty much a useless skill in game development now, but I'm also learning some C# and HTML/CSS so I can be more up-to-date.

Discord server:
If you're on the fence about joining, you can always join the Discord server to get a feel for the game! Here is the link:
https://discord.gg/VYdu4TT

Thanks for reading my (very long-winded) recruitment post, I hope I didn't bore you, and that I will hear from more people soon!

troublednature
Projects: Love Splash
Organization: TBD Games
Deviantart: tobedecided001
itch: tobedecided001

Re: [UPDATE 6/13] Love Splash: A gay mermen story for YaoiJam2019!

#2 Post by troublednature »

Small update, I've been receiving a lot of people interested (way more than I'd expected!), and I realized that at this rate, I'll have to be much more organized with the people I work with.

As a result, I've made this Google Forms for all of you to fill out so that I can keep track of everyone involved and give them tasks adequate to their preferences and time commitment. It also makes it easier in case I need to turn some people away :sob: (I'd really rather not do that but I can only manage so much :broken_heart: ). Thanks for understanding!

https://forms.gle/ZqVhsZCD1XEzdbJV7