Otome Jam - Seeking Volunteers/Help

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Akua
Regular
Completed: Appetité Amor
Projects: A Frigid Space | Lycoris | Demon's Kiss | Night of the Lesbian Vampires
Organization: Demon's Decoy
Tumblr: akuakourin
Deviantart: AkuaKourin
itch: akua-kourin

Otome Jam - Seeking Volunteers/Help

#1 Post by Akua »

Since the Otome Games Jam will be starting this week, I will be looking for those specific type of team members:

Editor/Proofreader: I can write by myself but having someone to give their opinion and check my grammar and spelling is necessary since I'm not an English native. I have some friends who can proofread for me, but they also have their own projects to work on.

Programmer/Coding: While I'm decent at googling codes and stuff, I doubt that I can code some more intermediate stuff and might ask help of someone who knows what they type eventually, I will still try to get most things done by myself. Engine is Ren'Py.

I want to achieve at least a demo for the Jam and the end result is not really small-ish (The outline is already some work XD). I have a lot of free time in the next two months and intend to power through it to get as much done as possible. The whole project is free and the least I can offer for a trade is taking of work from your main artist like sketch, lineart or colouring but not a whole drawing process.

Here the contents warning which may contain spoilers for the game:
- NSFW: Violence, Blood/Gore, Death, Drugs, Psychological Horror/Thriller = be prepared please (yes, it still is an Otome with romance)
- The game is about male Yandere, so please inform yourself beforehand and do not apply if you're sensitive or easily offended. I intend to insert a toggle off button for the game itself.
- The game will not contain heavily sexual themes (no rape, genital depiction and that sorts) but I might add a smut epilogue if the game reaches a certain popularity. And some spicy unlockable CGs but that's it for sexual content.
For questions, I'm free to be dm'ed for my Discord contact and for more information on the Jam there is this thread here.

And for information about my game itself, here is my Dev Twitter which will be updated regularly.

Angie
Regular

Re: Otome Jam - Seeking Volunteers/Help

#2 Post by Angie »

I can be your editor, you can contact me via e-mail angeladefrost@gmail.com

If you need my portfolio, you can look here:
https://angeladefrost.wordpress.com/writing/

I don't mind darker themes, and I'll be glad to help. I also know some programming but not sure what you need, and I don't really have many examples of that kind of work.
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder