Seeking artist to draw 9 mouth shapes to fit sprite

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Remix
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: None... yet (as I'm still looking for an artist)
Projects: An un-named anime based trainer game

Seeking artist to draw 9 mouth shapes to fit sprite

#1 Post by Remix »

As the title suggests, I am seeking some "speaking" mouth images to fit an existing sprite.

Base Image
kaori.png
The kind of style and orientation desired (though feel free to experiment with slightly more visible lips, maybe lipstick etc)
talk.png
This would be like mouth B
happy.png
This would be mouth X (and/or A)

The mouth shapes on a more cartoony character (Extra Mouth 1 is known as H btw)
mouth-shapes.png
Written description of each mouth shape alongside plain reference image and letter

Whether you draw each on the base sprite or each as a layer or transparent png is up to you.

I'd be terribly thankful and am happy to provide programming help in return if desired.

Addendum: If (during speech) it looks odd without the chin moving, I can *probably* handle that myself.
Frameworks & Scriptlets:

Remix
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: None... yet (as I'm still looking for an artist)
Projects: An un-named anime based trainer game

Re: Seeking artist to draw 9 mouth shapes to fit sprite

#2 Post by Remix »

Another alternative would be a completely new sprite (including the 9 mouth shapes) of your own design, if anyone is up to doing that.

I could teach you how to automatically make them talk in sync to an audio recording if wanted...
Frameworks & Scriptlets: