クラブ活​動 project - Artists (CG/BG) needed

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Thyrreln
Projects: クラブ活​動

クラブ活​動 project - Artists (CG/BG) needed

#1 Post by Thyrreln »

Hello. I would like to gather a team around a project I would like to tell you about.

The code name is クラブ活​動, which means "club activities", with the kanji for "being helped" and the "move, motion" one. Probably not the final name.

1) Overview :

Welcome to the International University of Tokyo, where you will live the adventure of your life. Join the psychology club and learn to know it's members. Follow them in their search for truth, and have some fun. After all, they're just playing. Or are they ?

It's a VN that focus on a mysterious storyline while providing affection routes. There are five girls within the psychology club you will be able to date during your journey.
Sanity, mental health, friendship, bonds, stress resistance and fate, those are some of the themes of the VN.
It won't be really gore or lewd, but expect some light fanservice, and different endings.

2) What needs to be done :

The writing is on its way, but I would like the team to have an impact on the storyline. I'll make a french translation as well. Total work would be 150 - 200 english KWords

I'm searching for:
  • An Artist for the sprites. They'll be anime-style, and I have a rather good idea on their general appearance, but there's room for your creativity.
    There will be 8 main sprites, with two to three poses and two outfits each, plus five to twelve facial expression depending on the character. You can also expect up to twelve minor characters with a single pose and three facial expressions on average.If you need a more precise view on the artstyle needed, here is a sample I made of one of the main cast :
Iwasaki.PNG
  • BG/CG and GUI design artist will also be needed. Around 20 BG and 25 CG are currently planned.
  • A music composer is also needed. I tend to rely on piano and violin rather than on loud beats and electro music. Expect around 20 tracks (1mXX average)
  • There will be a custom choice select, timed, and sentences will sometimes flow through the screen (a little like danganronpa, if you need a reference). So It would require some coding. A developer would be much appreciated. Expect two to three separates "minigames" like that.
The work is aimed to be a free one to begin with, but if it goes well, I'm not against selling it, in which case the team would equally share whatever profit, if any.

What is important is that i'm looking for a real team who will build and share together, laugh and support each other. I intend to do a VN with people I want to be friend with. I want it to be an adventure to share, maybe the first of many.
If you want to know a little more about be, I'm in my early thirties. I have a job and a family, but don't worry, I also have more than enough time to focus on the writing and directing.

Feel free to join this project if you feel like to !

The current goal is to launch a demo within 2020, and to release within 2021.
Last edited by Thyrreln on Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

TAEKO

Re: クラブ活​動 project

#2 Post by TAEKO »

Hi! If it's okay, I'd like to help you with the sprites...
I can adjust the style to match the pic. I'm not really expecting compensation, all I wish for is to see this game finished :>
Here are some I've made in the past:
ImageImageImageImage
Don't read me...
Seriously don't.
Just kidding. I'm just an awkward potato who doesn't know what to say in my signature...

Thyrreln

Re: クラブ活​動 project

#3 Post by Thyrreln »

Thanks ! I would be delighted to work with you, I find your sprites really nice! :)
I'll send you a MP tomorrow...well *check the time*, no, today !

Is someone else want to join on this ride, feel free to !

Thyrreln

Re: クラブ活​動 project - Artists (CG/BG), Composer and Programmer needed

#4 Post by Thyrreln »

Here are some news.

We found our sprite artist and our BG/CG artist.
We would like to introduce a member of the main cast to you : Here's Nanami
[奈南 : 奈 meaning "apple tree", and 南 "south", her name means "southern apple tree"]
Nanamisheets.PNG
We're still looking for teammates to help us through this journey.

We still could use another hand on the BG/CG part, as the amount of work is very large. An extra artist is welcome.

Also, we're still looking for a composer. A first tracklist has been made, if it can inspire you. The notes you will see aren't set in stone, and there's plenty of room to express your creativity.
Soundtracklist.PNG
Last but not least, we're still looking for a programmer. We would like to implement at least two kinds of mini-games who will require some work. I would talk about them further in PM.

Wherever you are in the world, if you have the skills we need and want to join a friendly team, don't hesitate to leave a message, here or in PM !
Last edited by Thyrreln on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Hybridlo

#5 Post by Hybridlo »

Hello! I'm a CS student and would love to join your team and help you with programming the game! While I'm not really experienced in Ren'Py (that I'm guessing you are going to use) I'm decently experienced in python, so I am pretty sure I can handle any task given enough time.

Thyrreln

#6 Post by Thyrreln »

Hello and thanks ! I sent you a PM for further discussion :)

I'm really happy to see genuine interest in this project, and can only hope it'll continue that way !
A big thank you for to Ren'py and the Ren'py community for existing and making projects like this one happen :wink:

Wanna join the team ? Leave a message, here or in private.

Thyrreln

Re: クラブ活​動 project - Artists (CG/BG) and Composer needed

#7 Post by Thyrreln »

Updating the post again !

Like we did some days ago, We would like to introduce you another character : please meet Hanako
[華子, 華 stands for flower, and 子 for child, her name means "Flower child"]
Hanakosheet.PNG
We hope to introduce you to the other members of the psychology club very soon ! Stay tuned !

Let me tell you a little more about the クラブ活​動 project with another little teaser :

You're playing Kojima Rei, a history college student at the Tokyo International University. Due to inexplicable events, you find yourself enrolled in the psychology club.
You will have a wonderful time there, and discover strange yet adorable friends. And maybe more. But it seems you won't learn much about psychology here ! The club also seems to hide a wound. What happened to them ? And what about this student who dropped college without warning ?

Some news from the team :

We have been joined by a very talentful and friendly programer. the first minigame already is on it's way !
We're still looking for reinforcements on the art side, because, objectively, the amount of work is quite important.

So, if you are a BG/CG artist, a builder of worlds who wants to be a part of this project, feel free to contact us.

Also, we're still looking for a composer to join us. The psychology club will laugh and cry. Danger awaits, and so does entertainment. We would like our music to convey those feelings along with the art and the writing to the player.

We're also always happy to see people getting interested in our project. We hope to deliver to you a Visual Novel that will give you as much fun as we have creating it.
Last edited by Thyrreln on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Chillastrophic
Soundcloud: Chillastrophic

#8 Post by Chillastrophic »

I am a musician with over three years of experience and I'm interested in joining your project!
I feel comfortable in the style you have requested and would love to work with you.

Some samples of my work:
https://soundcloud.com/user-55930991/soaring-slimeboy
https://soundcloud.com/user-55930991/the-sims-medley
https://soundcloud.com/user-55930991/de ... n-the-town

Hoping to hear back soon!

Thyrreln

#9 Post by Thyrreln »

Hello, I sent you a PM :)

DubbleCorp
Soundcloud: DubbleCorp

#10 Post by DubbleCorp »

Hello there,
I'm a french student in Musicology, and I'm interested in your project !
It would be nice to see with you if I could help with the musical aspects of your project.
I make music since a long time, you can visit my soundcloud page ( https://soundcloud.com/dubblecorp ) to hear some of test I've done (I'm not in a particuliar style, I like to make different things, because I am versatile and could adapt to the demand without worries.

(And there are some links so that you do not have to sort the songs)
https://soundcloud.com/dubblecorp/v2-ka ... soundtrack
https://soundcloud.com/dubblecorp
https://soundcloud.com/dubblecorp

Hoping to collaborate with you,
Thanks !

Thyrreln

#11 Post by Thyrreln »

Hello and thanks for your interest ! I sent you a PM !

Thyrreln

Re: クラブ活​動 project - Artists (CG/BG) needed

#12 Post by Thyrreln »

Hello !
It's been some times now since we gave you some news !

But first, like we're now used to, we're proud to introduce you to another character : please meet Kaori
[香璃, 香 meaning "fragrance" and 璃 crystal, her name stands for crystal that smells sweet]
Kaorisheet.PNG
She will be waiting for you to join the psychology club !

Some news from the team now:

Our team has been reinforced with three talented composers, we're looking forward to make you hear the beautiful songs they already came up with.

We would be happy to be joined by CG/BG artists to help us on this journey - our journey ! Maybe yours too ?
As always, you can contact me by PM or on discord : Thyrreln#4009

Thank you for reading and for the interest you might have in our project. We will come up with some more news soon ! Stay tuned !
Last edited by Thyrreln on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Thyrreln

#13 Post by Thyrreln »

And here we are again, back with some news !
You already met Nanami, Hanako and Kaori, three of the five girls in the psychology club.

Today, let's focus on a male member: Please meet Haru
[香, meaning "spring"]
Harusheet.PNG
He is eager to befriend you as the newest member of the club !

Our search for more CG/BG artists is still on by the way !
If you want to embark, i'm available (PM and Discord : Thyrreln#4009)

We'll be back soon with more news, stay tuned !
Last edited by Thyrreln on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shiro_Hotaru_art

#14 Post by Shiro_Hotaru_art »

No Longer Interested
Last edited by Shiro_Hotaru_art on Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thyrreln

#15 Post by Thyrreln »

Edit : I wrote it in french xD

Hello, Shiro_Hotaru_art, and thank you for your interest in our project. As we are a free project, we don't have any funds for commissions, sorry !

More news to come soon, stay tuned !