[not paid] Looking for artists and potentially writers for an otome game

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
*Nanashi
Projects: "You Are My Universe" and "My best friend is an otome game protagonist who makes really bad choices"

[not paid] Looking for artists and potentially writers for an otome game

#1 Post by *Nanashi »

Edit: I've found an artist for the game! Thank you to everyone who's gotten in touch with me so far :)
Edit 2: I've been blessed with the help of writers for every character's route as well as an artist. I'll be leaving this open still just in case if anyone would want to do BGs, GUI, etc.
Hello, my name is Nanashi. I've been working on a free visual novel for a bit, and I want to work on an otome game as well as a side project. Unfortunately I have no way of paying for the costs, and I'm already working on the artwork for my other game, so I would like to have another artist help with doing the art for this game.

The game has no title yet, but my tentative title for it is "My best friend is an otome game protagonist who makes really bad choices." The game is inspired by villainess isekais but with the twist that the protagonist is not a villain, but rather an otome game heroines best friend trying to stop her from getting involved with problematic men.

Overview:

The setting is school slice of life. The main character Chihiro has a close friend named Aoi that she is overprotective of. Before becoming friends with Aoi, she was a rather socially awkward person, often blending in with the background and wanting nothing but to be by herself. Aoi and her live in the same area, and naturally became friends as a result. Aoi is known to be attractive and well liked by her peers, and Chihiro begins to notice that there are many men around her that act oddly around her. Out of curiosity she watches them closely one day and finds out about one boy that was bragging with his other classmates about finding another women to defile, as well as another classmate that seemed to have paid someone to bully Aoi so he could rescue her. After witnessing those events, she decides to put a stop to their actions and keep Aoi safe. I'm planning for there to be 3 routes. One route follows the flirtatious playboy Momose, another route follows their yandere classmate (name undecided) and the last route will be Aoi's route. If possible I'd like to find a writer interested in writing for their routes (or individual writers for each route). Writers aren't a necessity since i'm prepared to write for the entire story, but if someone is interested in helping me with the writing it would help tremendously (especially since i'm also working on another game).

As of this stage, I imagine it to be a short otome game, and it's more of a "side project" so it'll be fairly low priority. Anyone interested won't have to worry about deadlines or anything.

Currently getting started in the games early stages, though I have a good outline for the plot already to work with.

Who I'd like to work with me:
This game is really heavily anime inspired, and for an artist I would prefer someone with an anime style, especially shoujo inspired. I have some concepts of the characters made with picrews (basically dress up games/avatar makers) I also did some sketches of the main characters for anyone curious in working with me as an artist that I can share. They're not colored though, so I made these picrews to help a bit better.

Chihiro (protagonist):

Aoi:

Momose (playboy LI):
7481_WnJhDIql.png
Nagisa Toshiyuki:
3011_lsN1yKCk.jpg
3011_lsN1yKCk.jpg (23.06 KiB) Viewed 508 times
BG artist's aren't needed but if anyone is interested in making BG's I'd be happy to receive your help. Same goes for music composers. Honestly if anyone's interested in helping in any shape I appreciate any help I can get.

For a co-writer I'd like someone that's interested in the plot to help out, if you have a preferred character that you'd like to write for you can be in charge of writing for their route, etc.

EDIT: found writers for Momose and the Yandere character routes! If anyones interested in doing Aoi's route or taking over doing the common route for me, those are still available.

If you're interested, you can reach me through:
email: nanashi1beatheart@gmail.com
Discord: Nanashi #0774
Twitter: @yoshinanase