[CLOSED]Project Knight - Seeking Artist(s) for Adult Visual Novel

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
stoneslayer9001
Projects: Project Knight

[CLOSED]Project Knight - Seeking Artist(s) for Adult Visual Novel

#1 Post by stoneslayer9001 »

CLOSED 18.18 - Please see our Background Artist recruitment thread if interested in contributing.

Synopsis:

Knight is an adult, slice of life, visual novel (eroge/18+), that follows the protagonist (Yokoyama Yusuke) through his senior year of high school, and his complicated relationship with three female classmates (Takahashi Sora, Otsuka Asumi, Nakayama Shiro) who suddenly seem to be vying for his attention.

The story begins on the first day of classes, when a new student (Takahashi Sora) transfers into the home room class, and almost immediately becomes the target of the class bully/rep (Otsuka Asumi). Yusuke usually abides by the advice of his childhood best friend (Nakayama Shiro) and doesn't get involved with others, however, seeing Sora getting bullied gives Yusuke a certain feeling of guilt that he can't exactly define. Yusuke suddenly feels a desire to reach out and change his perspective, but he doesn't know in what way; He can either become a social pariah like Sora, become consumed by Asumi's darkness, or stay with Shiro, mired in indifference.

The Project so Far:

I have completed the script for the scenario and it is ready for publication. The script is approximately 290,000 words, and includes several good and bad endings for each of the primary heroins. One of the objectives in creating the script was replayability, so there is a mixture of critical decision points (choices that factor into obtainable endings) and non-critical decision points (choices that add alternate dialog/context).

If anyone wants to see, I have also created flow charts to display the decision trees for the common route and three endgames (they're in .svg format, so I'm not exactly sure how to post them, but I can provide the direct link if anyone is interested).

I have also created a full story board for the game, which can serve as a playable In-Dev version (using an image/slideshow viewer). Playing through the story board takes about 10 hour for the common route, and about 7 hour each for the three endgames, so the overall length would be about 31 hours of game play (this is a low-ball estimate because there are no transitions or animations, which will add additional play time). I have placed the story on One-Drive and can make it available to anyone interest in assisting with this project.

The story contains 11 character (protagonist plus 3 heroins, 4 side characters, and 3 background characters). I made some character sheets (with my deplorable artistic talents) that gives general details about each character. Follow the link below.

Character Descriptions

What Help We Need:

The primary concern is the artwork, however there may be a future need for assistance with programming and composition of the music box themes.

Sprite and outfit requirements are as follows:
  • Sora: School uniform, casual, swimsuit, miko outfit
    Shiro: School uniform, casual, swimsuit, yukata, sleepwear
    Asumi: School uniform, casual, swimsuit, yukata, black dress
    Temptation: black dress, swimsuit
    Minions: School uniform
    Hideaki: School uniform
    Sawyer: None
    *Teacher: Business casual
    *Mom: Casual
    *Dad: Casual
*Sprites for last three are optional

The storyboard contains 49 total CG examples. Most of the CG's contain multiple parts, in which characters may need to be drawn in different positions. The intended market for this game is adults over the age of 18, and some of the CG examples (22 of the 49) contain graphic nudity in various forms, so the CG artist should be over the age of 18 and comfortable with nudity.

I would prefer illustrated background, but am willing to compromise and use stock photo backgrounds if necessary. There is a requirement for 50 background images, some of which require alternate versions for day/night. The examples for these backgrounds are also included in the story board for anyone interested in drawing or providing background images.

Compensation:

The final goal of this project is to produce a free to play Visual Novel, and so there is no expectation of any financial gains and there is no budget for any compensation.

However, this project may be more ambitious than most free to play games, so I am willing to provide financial compensation if necessary; any budget would have to be provided via crowd funding, so I would need estimates for the cost of creation in order to provide realistic goals.

Contact info:

Please PM me with any inquiry about this project, or if you are interested in viewing the story board.

If you would like to privately submit any example art/music box, please email me at stoneslayer9000@outlook.com

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to bringing this dream to fruition.

-Stone Slayer-
Last edited by stoneslayer9001 on Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please PM me with any inquiry about this project, or if you are interested in proofreading/Pre-Alpha testing.

If you would like to privately submit an example of background art or a music box, please email me at stoneslayer9000@outlook.com.

You can follow our project on twitter, @ProjectKnightVN, as well as find updates for my other future projects @StoneSlayer9000

stoneslayer9001
Projects: Project Knight

Re: Project Knight - Seeking Artist(s) for Adult Visual Novel

#2 Post by stoneslayer9001 »

***UPDATE***

We have found a charter artist for this project; thank you very much for all the submissions.

For more information please see our WIP thread

Background Artist Still Needed

There are about 50 standard backgrounds that are needed, and the background artist will also need to collaborate with the character artist, to create the CG images.

The backgrounds themselves don't need to be very detailed (enough to get the point across), and I don't mind if the same background gets used with a different color scheme/orientation/cropping, as long as it looks different.

If you would like to privately submit an example of background art, please email me at stoneslayer9000@outlook.com.

Please PM me with any inquiry about this project, or if you are interested in proofreading/Pre-Alpha testing.

If you would like to privately submit an example of background art or a music box, please email me at stoneslayer9000@outlook.com.

You can follow our project on twitter, @ProjectKnightVN, as well as find updates for my other future projects @StoneSlayer9000