Looking to Recruit an Artist

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Knightly
itch: chinchou2004

Looking to Recruit an Artist

#1 Post by Knightly »

Hello! I'm starting my first VN! I'm mainly a writer and I can do the basics, but I'm not very good at making art. Therefore, it would be appreciated if I can get someone to help me create the art for my game.

Synopsis: There has been a string of murders going around in a small town. The murderer leaves certain clues behind after each murder leading to the true identity of the murderer. A group of teens then decided to take matters into their own hands of solving the murders, after the police not solving the crime. You play as different people trying to solve the murders, you switch between them as the story progresses. There are many ways in which the story can go.

(Sorry if this synopsis is not good, I'm not very good at summarizing)

Thanks for the help!

xxmissarichanxx
Regular
Completed: Froot Basket Valentine, Devious
Projects: After-Party Chemistry, The Salaryman
Tumblr: xxmissarichanxx
Deviantart: xxmissarichanxx
itch: xxmissarichanxx

Re: Looking to Recruit an Artist

#2 Post by xxmissarichanxx »

What kind of art do you need? Sprites? Backgrounds? GUI?
Also, will there be compensation? Will the artist be onboard for your project long-term or as needed?
I think updating your thread to address these questions may help a little for others who stop by. C:

On another note, I'm a bit interested to know personally. I'm trying to expand my portfolio and I'd just like to get back into the feel of drawing again.

Hope you have a wonderful day! Cx

TheWolfyGirl
Regular

#3 Post by TheWolfyGirl »

I'm a character artist if you're looking for sprites/cgs. My deviantart is here

Knightly
itch: chinchou2004

#4 Post by Knightly »

Mostly I need sprites, backgrounds, and CGs.
As of right now, sorry but I don't have anything that could be used as compensation. The artist will be onboard as needed unless they want to help me more on the production.

Also hello, I'm a beginner in game development, I've made a few demos of games, but I don't think they're good. I use mostly rpgmaker, but I wanted to expand my qualifications.

Thanks!

xxmissarichanxx
Regular

#5 Post by xxmissarichanxx »

Thanks for answering my question! Sent you a PM! C:

xxmissarichanxx
Regular

#6 Post by xxmissarichanxx »

Sorry, the PM I sent you is stuck in my outbox, so I'll just repost it here... ^^;

---

I'm totally onboard if you need an artist as needed! As long as you're super flexible, I think it'd be fun to work together! I'm not looking for any compensation. I'm just looking for friendship, fun, and someone to talk to regarding ideas and original characters. C:

I guess you could call me a sprite/character artist! Here's a few of my more recent works.

Let me know if you're interested in working with me! C: I'm also happy to just chat if you'd like too. And if you ever just need an artist for free, if I'm available, you can always ask me. Cx