Looking for someone who knows / plays poker to help write a scene

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
catgame21234
Regular
Completed: 1
Projects: Looking for a art job; Want some help? Join n we can talk https://discord.gg/fydp3Vj
Tumblr: catgame21234.tumblr.com

Looking for someone who knows / plays poker to help write a scene

#1 Post by catgame21234 »

Okay I know this request is out of the left field and not like the other ones here, but I would really appreciate the help.

In this Fanfic/Lets play/pen and paper visual novel hybrid and in a future chapter, I want to write a chapter where all the characters play poker in it. I write my stuff so that anyone can read it and understand it – however – rather than taking the time to learn how to play poker so I can reverse engineer the most suspenseful game that's also the right length for the plot I can fabricate, I realized I can just ask for help. :D

If you do help out I'll credit you in the credits if you wish.

The general plot of it will be that the underdog we're cheering for is going up against players of all skill types to win back his money. No cheating, just some really smart (and really dumb) plays from him and the other players.

Your job would just be explaining poker to me and helping me make some play by plays of different games that I can use when I get around to drafting that chapter. I have a passing familiarity of poker btw, but not enough to curate this by myself.

The person for the job should understand poker, be able to look up the correct information, knows what cards should be in diffrent character's hands, and give me the correct amount of rules and betting numbers and all other things necessary to allow me to visually show my readers what is going on. We'd be going through some simulated games and I can describe to you what type of characters are in it which will help curate the plot of the game; example – one character is a total airhead and at the tournament the first move she does is all in – making the pro players fold – but the underdog who has a very limited knowledge of poker knows she has even less idea what she's doing compared to him, goes all in himself, knocks her out that turn with a (2) two pair he got at the start of the round and then gets an early lead.

If nerding out about poker with a stranger for a few hours sounds like something or a friend of yours would love to do, please contact me. Join this discord server which I made 0NLY for clients to add me quickly on discord!

https://discord.gg/JxU34AV

if you don't trust that link, here is my username on discord. catti #7142
Oy! Just call me Catti.
An inspiring developer but mostly artist. You can see my artwork here. Want to get ahold of me? Click here so we can talk fast on discord.