Helix Felix [LGBT NSFW] looks for Help

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
briarbun
Regular
Projects: Helix Felix

Helix Felix [LGBT NSFW] looks for Help

#1 Post by briarbun » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:50 pm

Hello! I am the master brains behind the game Helix Felix, a self-critical neko dating sim. The romance presented is BxB, the main character is a trans neko boy, and I aim to make the player uncomfortable and spark thought and discussion. You can see my main thread for the game here:

Link:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=54951

Budget:
None. This will be a free game, and if Pay What You Want is turned on, the proceeds will go to a human trafficking charity like Polaris. Therefore, these would not be paid positions. I also highly doubt this game will make it onto Steam, since it has underage characters as well as R18 content (not at the same time, but that doesn't seem to matter to Steam).

Currently:
Right now I've been working on this game for about one year. (The anniversary is actually Feb 20th!) To prevent burnout I would like to find more people to help me with basically everything. Writing, editing, coding, GUI, story beats, alpha testers, social media, marketing, music composers, project directors, nit-pickers, anything to keep me on track. This game started as a fun exercise for myself, I thought it would take a month. A year later and it's grown in scope- I'm very proud of my work but if you're interested in this game and want to see it, please consider helping, or else it might take me three more years.

The projects planned total is about ~75k words and 60CGs, not including endings or CG variations.

Part one currently is sitting at about
25k words/ 45k lines of code
20 CGs + variations

Writing:
This is a three act story. Act one is mostly finished, and I have a detailed outline of act two, as well as a fair plan for act three and the endings.
I would like someone to help with finalizing the plot of act three and the endings to make a cohesive whole, as well as help turning part two's 4k outline into a 25k script.

This position would be very collaborative- I'd like to hear any new ideas you think of. I want to make sure I look at this story from different angles. So mostly it would be us throwing spaghetti at each other and seeing what sticks.

Programming:
This is a pretty basic game, I would need someone to check over my current coding setup and fix any mistakes I've made. I also need help with coding the menus and the GUI.

As far as minigames or other "big" coding, I have my eye on an in-game drawing cookbook I want to utilize, as well as a hide-and-seek minigame I want to set up.

If you want to reach out, feel free to message me here or on discord at briarmae#4617

Thanks so much!!!
Last edited by briarbun on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

briarbun
Regular

Re: Helix Felix [LGBT NSFW] looks for Writers

#2 Post by briarbun » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:32 pm

Bumping for updates: Still looking for a writer to work with!

briarbun
Regular

Re: Helix Felix [LGBT NSFW] looks for Help

#3 Post by briarbun » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:35 pm

Bumping for updates: Still looking for help of any kind.

pugbug197

#4 Post by pugbug197 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:04 pm

I am interested in helping you with the writing if you still need help

LordMuma

#5 Post by LordMuma » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:15 pm

I can work as a programmer.
Send me a DM either here or Discord Muma#3909

briarbun
Regular

#6 Post by briarbun » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:57 am

LordMuma wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:15 pm
I can work as a programmer.
Send me a DM either here or Discord Muma#3909
I've got two programmers already, so thank you for the offer but right now I think its best not to have too many cooks in the kitchen.