Looking for a Programmer [Voluntary]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
plulovi
Regular
Projects: Hell's Phone Number

Looking for a Programmer [Voluntary]

#1 Post by plulovi »

Hiya everyone! I am quite the newbie when it comes to Ren'Py. While I have tried to do things on my own, some more complex things that I would like to be done can't be possible due to my limited knowledge of Ren'Py. I am a self taught artist, music maker, and writer and that's about all haha. That's why I'm making this post, in order to recruit a programmer who can help me with a couple things, since coding isn't one of my strengths.

Don't worry about being overworked, I really don't want to do that to anyone. In fact, I am a teenager who's still in high school, so of course I have other work to do as well.

Things I really need help with are more advanced, and I can do basic Ren'Py coding on my own. For instance, I have a really specific battle system idea I would like made, but as you can probably tell by my newbie rank, I have no idea what I'm doing.

I'm looking for someone who can do the following:
- Have a good understanding of Ren'Py
- Be able to code things like battle systems (think of it as something like Undertale's battle system but more basic, since it'll mainly be choices and quick time events ((I'll go into detail with this once I have recruited a programmer)))
- Be able to make point and click-like games that require the player to press certain areas in order to explore/move to them (example of this would be the game Your Turn to Die)
- Be able to answer questions
- etc

Please expect to stay in contact with me for a while, as I will probably have questions to ask of you about certain things and so that I can discuss how I want certain things to be made. Since it is voluntary, if you feel like you are not happy with working anymore, you are always free to leave with no problem!

So, hopefully if any of you are looking for a non commercial, voluntary work for a game I'm making as a hobby, please contact me!

Here is my contact info:
- You can PM me here
- My discord is Kaeros#7684
- My email is hpncomic@gmail.com

Thanks for reading! : )

LordMuma

Re: Looking for a Programmer [Voluntary]

#2 Post by LordMuma »

Sent you a friend request on discord. Are you still looking for a programmer?

plulovi
Regular
Projects: Hell's Phone Number

#3 Post by plulovi »

Hi!! Sorry I didn’t check this forum but yes I am!! Could you send me the friend request again if you don’t mind? Thanks!

DanSylverstere
Github: souravsingh

#4 Post by DanSylverstere »

Hello, I have sent you a friend request on Discord. Is the position for programmer still available?