Gundam Fan Visual Novel

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
sbester
Regular
Completed: Crime Opera: The Butterfly Effect
Projects: Crime Opera II: The Floodgate Effect, Untitled Gundam Fanmade VN
Organization: Crime Opera Studios

Gundam Fan Visual Novel

#1 Post by sbester »

As a huge Gundam fan and a visual novel creator, I have been considering a Gundam based visual novel for quite a while now. I've had a really good idea for the story, and am itching to start on it. As my Crime Opera series of visual novels is actively building with a couple sequels, I feel like now may be a good time to expand my horizons a bit and offer something completely different. See that other work here:

https://crimeoperastudios.itch.io/crime ... fly-effect

Unfortunately, as it would only be a fan game, we wouldn't be able to make any money off of it and I won't be able to pay anyone who wants to participate in it. I know that's a huge turnoff for potential contributors and I wouldn't blame anyone for turning down this proposal as a result. However, on the off chance that you're looking for a fun project to contribute to with your spare time, I think it could be an awesome venture! In case I've sparked anyone's interest, here are some details I've worked out.

Synopsis:

Vartha Blanx is an engineer and test-pilot working for Zeonic Company, a manufacturing firm that is now steadily working away at developing the first combat-capable mobile weapons for the Principality of Zeon. As tensions continue to mount between Zeon and the Earth Federation Forces, Vartha believes it wise to send his wife and two children back down to Earth in hopes that they will not be caught in the cross-fire. As her family resides in Australia, she finally relents to his wishes. Little does Vartha know, Zeon’s next move is about to take everything away from him forever (obviously, with the colony drop).

Mobile Suit Zaku (name tentative) is a sidestory to Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin. It will focus on Vartha’s transition from Zeon mobile suit creator and pilot to one of the EFF’s most valued spies during the one year war. I imagine the story to be told in two separate parts, with the first examining the prelude and first half of the war, and the second closing out the year 0079.

Proposal:

While initially I wanted to do this as a comic, I figured I might take a stab at trying to assemble a team of passionate fans to make a visual novel first.

As this is a fanmade work, and I am not affiliated with Sunrise or Bandai in any way, this will be a free project. As such, it is an unpaid venture. My hope is to distribute it on itch.io as part of Crime Opera Studios’ newly formed Space Opera division.

Mech Artist:

As this story takes place in the early stages of the one year war, the mobile suits will mostly be limited to Zeon prototypes, as well as the Zaku I and Zaku II. I had the idea of showing the earliest attempts made by Zeon to create combat ready mobile suits, which haven't really been shown before (at least in the anime), for units MS-01 and MS-02. As the YMS-03 was shown in Gundam Origin, we would include that as well.

Character Artist:
Open to discussion about this and its direction, as the story is not yet written and I'm still figuring out how many there will be and who's who.

Also in need of a musician, maybe a background artist, and maybe a programmer.

My team for Crime Opera uses discord to chat and track progress, but I'm open to other ways of communicating as well.

LordMuma

Re: Gundam Fan Visual Novel

#2 Post by LordMuma »

I can program if you need me to

Saitogami
Regular
Projects: Danganronpa F: Shattered Hope (as Pocket), Once More (as Boss), Cybermania (as Tesla), Lionheart Paragon (as Zetsu), Everstory (as Jack),
Organization: Third Man Entertainment
IRC Nick: Josh
Soundcloud: Saitogami

#3 Post by Saitogami »

Do you need need voice actors at all?

sbester
Regular
Completed: Crime Opera: The Butterfly Effect
Projects: Crime Opera II: The Floodgate Effect, Untitled Gundam Fanmade VN
Organization: Crime Opera Studios

#4 Post by sbester »

LordMuma wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:56 am I can program if you need me to
I'm not sure as of yet, but there is a really good possibility. If I can assemble the rest of the team in decent time, I will reach out to you via PM to further discuss.
Saitogami wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:59 am Do you need need voice actors at all?
Might be nice if we could, but same as above, I'll have to decide on that later.