Otome / BL / GL Project Seeking all Positions! [Drama / College]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Mikomi
Veteran

Otome / BL / GL Project Seeking all Positions! [Drama / College]

#1 Post by Mikomi »

Heya guys! This year I'm looking to put together a team of creatives for NaNoRenO 2020. Last year we finished Alice in Stardom, a girls love VN which has a very positive rating on Steam ♥ This year, we're hoping to make an Otome game!

We’re a small visual novel development team making VNs that are typically otome, girls love, or boys love. The director is Miko#9009 (me!) and our PR is foleso#2275. Feel free to reach out to either of us on Discord if you have any questions! If you have trouble contacting us directly, we're both in the Crystal Game Works server (sometimes Discord is funky if you're not in any servers with a person).

MC (main character) is a college student taking a lab class and is partnered with LI 1 (love interest #1). They’re forced to spend time together to finish the lab reports, and one night a certain club comes up in their conversation. LI 1 adamantly tells MC (female, gender pickable if time allows) not to join it, but through a series of events she finds out the location anyway. The club is a “secret organization” of misfits on campus, led by LI 1. LI 2 and LI 3 are club members.

In LI 1’s route MC finds out the “club” started off as a chat online when he was depressed and wanted to vent- through which, he found like-minded people. The chat evolved when a few of them started posting more frequently on other sites, bringing in more and more people. By the time LI 1 reached college, he was able to meet up with some of his online friends, and they made it an official “club” (to get money from the school council for parties).

The base game will be otome with MC being female and LI1 being male, but we'd definitely like to add a female love interest (maybe LI2 or 3) and the option for MC to be male.

• ART: character sprites, character designs, character cut ins / CGs, backgrounds, promo art, GUI
  • MUSIC / VIDEO: background music, sound effects, trailer (for Steam)
  • WRITING: outline, main / beginning part, route writing, general editing / proofreading
  • PROGRAMMING: general Ren’Py scripting (easy to pick up), GUI, playtesting
  • MARKETING: social media (Twitter, Instagram, Discord), forums, store pages
  • VOICE ACTING: (only if we get enough people for all the roles)
Everything and anything! Do you want to do something not listed? Reach out to one of us or comment below!

• The finished game will be free to play with no paid DLC nor merch.
  • This project is purely volunteer, i.e. no one will be paid for it.
  • The finished game will be published on Steam, Itchio, and Google Play.
  • Communication will be done via Discord. A discord account is mandatory. It's free to sign up: https://discordapp.com/
  • NaNoRenO is a month-long visual novel game jam. The project should be finished by the end of March, with some bug fixing allowed in April if need be.
Basically, we view NaNo as an event to both make a cool new (free) visual novel and to give people something to add to their portfolio of finished projects.

You can apply through the Google Forms here.

The forms link also has a link to a more detailed overview of the project, so take a look at that as well ♥

This should be viewed as a fun project for you to gain experience as well as a published game to add to your portfolio!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Otome / BL / GL Project Seeking all Positions! [Drama / College]

#2 Post by Zelan »

Do you have a projected length for the project? I'm willing to proofread but I can only do so on a smaller project.

Mikomi
Veteran

#3 Post by Mikomi »

Zelan wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:54 pm Do you have a projected length for the project? I'm willing to proofread but I can only do so on a smaller project.
Most likely around the same length as Alice in Stardom if not shorter, so anywhere from 25-40k. If you want to only proofread then you can proofread however much of the script you like.

LordMuma

#4 Post by LordMuma »

Are you still looking for a programmer? Sent you a message via discord

Mikomi
Veteran

#5 Post by Mikomi »

LordMuma wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:39 am Are you still looking for a programmer? Sent you a message via discord
Yep! We'll have applications open throughout February but will start going through them next week so we can begin planning and outlining right before March.

NerdyBitch
Deviantart: NerdyBitch

#6 Post by NerdyBitch »

Sent message!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#7 Post by Zelan »

Mikomi wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:33 pm
Zelan wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:54 pm Do you have a projected length for the project? I'm willing to proofread but I can only do so on a smaller project.
Most likely around the same length as Alice in Stardom if not shorter, so anywhere from 25-40k. If you want to only proofread then you can proofread however much of the script you like.
Thanks for the answer! Filling out the form now.

Gazza

#8 Post by Gazza »

i've sent the form :)