NaNoReno 2020 General Recruitment Thread

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
waltermack
Projects: Alice in Neverland, Heart Fragment

Re: NaNoReno 2020 General Recruitment Thread

#16 Post by waltermack »

➤ Voice Actor looking for a group(s)

Hello! I'm a VA that's done some indie video game work. Would love to help out with some VNs :) I generally voice young adults, and teens from time to time. Here's a quick reel from some past work.

Please feel free to contact me via Twitter or e-mail (waltermackofficial@gmail.com).

Cheers!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#17 Post by mikey »

Thank you! We have found everyone we need.
➤ Group looking for composers

Hi, this year I am working on 2 NaNoRenO projects, very simple VNs with slice-of-life kind of stories and real-life scenarios.

Weekend Fever (small)
A simple romantic story of two people who find themselves attracted to each other. But maybe their story is a bit too simple... This VN is by my estimates going to be around 5.000 words, and it would take place over the course of a few days in a city / park setting.
I would probably need 5 tracks, mostly tied to the various emotional states of the story - peaceful, romantic, suspense...

Another Aurelie (very small)
Deals with a parent who takes their daughter to the zoo as a sort of treat before the summer ends and she transitions from kindergarten to school. The VN will follow the thoughts of the parent on their child growing up and how this big step will affect them and everyone else. A VN with around 3.000 words
For this VN, I would need 3 tracks, as a general slow background to the story. These we would vary according to whether the parent is talking with their daughter, or having thoughts about her while she is busy looking at the animals.

You can view my finished VNs here http://atpprojects.mygamesonline.org/visualnovels.htm

Let me know via PM if you're interested!
I'd also be happy to chat via Discord mikey#9311
Last edited by mikey on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abyss_Team
Regular
Completed: La Vie en Rose, Goodbye Emilia
Projects: Project Abyss, Hellevator
itch: abyss-team

#18 Post by Abyss_Team »

Just a heads up!

SakeVisual has opened a Crowdforge page to help with recruitment for Nanoreno 2020.
You can find it here: https://crowdforge.io/jams/nanoreno-2020

Best of luck for Nanoreno 2020!

Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

#19 Post by Sayumi101 »

➤ A person looking for Artists

Hello hello. So a lot happened and there's something intensely drawing me towards wanting to make a Nano2020 game.

What's the project?
A BxB omegaverse set in a fantasy realm.
Involves royalty.
The MC accompanies his sister to a neighbouring country to meet her bethrothed but lo and behold her fiance is MC's fated mate.
What is destiny?
Can he run away from it?
Does he want to?

What I'm looking for
Sprite Artist
4/5 sprites. Thigh up. 3/4 males, 1 female.
Minor costume variations

CG artist
5/6 CGs + Promo Art

What I'm bringing to the table
Plot, writing, GUI, coding and all that jazz.

Contact me if interested !
You can also discord me at Sayumi101#2319
Last edited by Sayumi101 on Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

DanSylverstere
Github: souravsingh

#20 Post by DanSylverstere »

➤ A programmer looking for a group
Hello,

I am a programmer looking to join a group for NaNoReno 2020. I have participated in NaNoReno 2018 as a programmer for the game-https://legendex-games.itch.io/imres-curse-the-prologue.

I can do script programming and bit of GUI programming in Ren'Py well. I would be glad to offer my service to any team.

Chanda
Regular
Projects: Aella of Athens (WIP)
Organization: Visual Butterfly
Deviantart: spowers161
itch: visualbutterfly

#21 Post by Chanda »

[*]Looking for a team!![*]

UPDATE: The Composer and Artist Position has been filled!!

Hello! I'm Chanda. I would like to create a game with the premise of Greek Mythology. This will be my first NaNoRenO! The story we would be looking at is the Hymn of Demeter. What we will be doing as far as the game is looking through the eyes of a young Princess named Aella. In Greek, this name means 'Whirlwind.'

Often times, I will use names to define my characters as well as what they mean to other characters. She is named this because of what she stirs inside the Greek Gods, Zeus and Hades. An underlying cause of emotions. This visual novel will be a romance, however, it will be told given that Aella is already in love.

Aella is in fact in love with Hades. For those of you unfamiliar with the Hymn of Demeter, it is about how Demeter loses Persephone to Hades and how she mourns her daughter. This will be portrayed in the game slowly. What I want to show in the game is the slow burning of love that Aella has as she actually tries to help Hades win over Persephone.

The game would have 2 love interests:

Zeus & Hades

I have a somewhat set idea for Zeus' Main Story Line which I will continue to develop. As far as Hades, it is a work in progress because he is already in love with Persephone. I have the idea that since Persephone is already in the underworld that Zeus will bring Aella down to try and have her interact with Persephone as a gesture of good will since Persephone has no friends down there.

3 Endings: Lovely, Good, & Bad (this is subject to change)

As far of a team, I am looking for:

- Character Sprite Artist (Projected to be 6 characters in total with 5 being thigh up and one in portrait style (MC) while 2 may or may not be added on depending on time constraints! Possible CG for Lovely End)
- Editor
- BG Artist
- Composer
- GUI Artist
- Someone to help code in Tyranobuilder (a majority will be done by me)

https://forms.gle/uWbonP3PokNWjLUR6
Last edited by Chanda on Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.

RidleyHarker
Completed: Death by Debt
Projects: the God Killers
itch: ridley-harker

#22 Post by RidleyHarker »

Our actual project is a few posts down! (The forum isn't letting me delete this post for some reason?)
Last edited by RidleyHarker on Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Visit my website! http://ridleyharker.com/

Trina
Regular
Projects: Acidic, All The Pretty Flowers, Evolved: Codex Wars, Cafe Memoria, Yggdrasil, Yin/Yang
Tumblr: @TrinaDeuhart

#23 Post by Trina »

Hi I'm a voice actress looking to lend my talents to projects.

I was on deployment last year so I was unable to participate in last years NaNoReno, but I am back to work this year. I am working on one person's project as of now, but I would love to give my voice to more if possible!

My demo reel here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KY3YpCZJzc

You can contact me through
Discord Trina#0248
Email trinadeuhart@gmail.com

cedes
Regular
itch: cedes

#24 Post by cedes »

I'm an artist!
I can contribute character designs, and character sprites! CGs possibly, those would need to be talked out.
I can't do backgrounds or GUI.
I like fantastical genres, nothing really modern or futuristic.
https://cedesgallery.weebly.com/

please contact me on discord, im cedes#4649 there!

Larry Jones

#25 Post by Larry Jones »

Yo!

I'm a music composer and would love to take part in NaNoRenO this year. I've made music for NaNoRenO projects in the past and it's fun to go about the task of creating high quality music very quickly.

Here's some of the music I've already made for people:

https://soundcloud.com/larryjonesmusic/farm-day-1

https://soundcloud.com/larryjonesmusic/skeleton-town

https://soundcloud.com/larryjonesmusic/stats-day

I'm looking forward to hearing from you if you'd be interested in having me on board! :D

All the best,

Larry Jones

komehara
Regular
Projects: Spirit Link
Tumblr: hsandt
Deviantart: hsandt
Github: hsandt
itch: komehara

#26 Post by komehara »

➤ A group looking for members

UPDATE: found members for the core team. Extra slot still opened for UI artist and a supporting writer.

Crowdforge website is down, please contact me via email or Discord.

Non-commercial

Hi! We are making a contemporary comedy on a young adult stuck in task dependency hell. The MC must accomplish a very simple task, but meets unexpected issues, which forces her to do sub-tasks, which in turn require more sub-tasks, to the point it becomes unmanageable.

The player can choose whether to dirtily short-circuit some issues (e.g. use a glue gun instead of buying screws), plainly ignore them, or sacrifice a lot of time to solve them in an orthodox way.

The objective is to show how people can drift away from their original objectives while trying to do better; but also how doing this can actually improve their life sometimes.

We have a programmer and a UI programmer. We are looking for:
- a background/item artist
- a character artist (only 2 characters)
- a UI artist
- a sound designer

Composer and supporting writer (for dialogues, better wording, etc.) are welcomed too.
Since the plot is pretty loose, everyone will be able to contribute to the plot (e.g. giving ideas for the tasks) as long as we keep the scope small.

Engine: Ren'Py

Discord: Ren'Py or DevTalk+ as Leyn #5707 ("komehara")

My previous games: https://hsandt.itch.io/

Reference for concept: Hal replacing a light bulb - Malcolm in the Middle, S03E06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fnfeuoh4s8
Last edited by komehara on Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#27 Post by Kokoro Hane »

EDIT: Someone has offered to help! ^^

➤ A group looking for 1 Japanese to English translator (for song lyrics)

Hello there!

I found a song that has vocals sung in Japanese that I really like the sound of by SENTiVE (from one of their royalty free packs). And I'd love to use it for the opening of my NaNoRenO project's opening video. But of course, it'd be hard to edit a video together and be kinda awkward if I don't know what the song says! (Machine translations aren't the most accurate, and what I did get was rough at best). So I'm looking for someone willing to translate the song's lyrics found in its official text file to English. It's anime TV size, so it's fairly short. This way I can also add subtitles.

If you're interested in translating it, please PM me or send me an e-mail at kokoro_hane(at)yahoo.com (just place "at" with @). Make subject line "Song translation".

Thank you so much ^^
Last edited by Kokoro Hane on Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Muwu
Projects: Monster Party / Date a Ghost
Tumblr: murielsthot.tumblr.com

#28 Post by Muwu »

➤ An artist looking for a group

Hello! I'm Muriel and I'm an artist looking for a group to help me with my project for NaNoReno :3
I do character design/sprites/CGs/BGs/Chibis/Expressions but can't do GUI at all~
I'd love to get a little help from a writer/secondary artist/programmer, if someone can lend me a hand.

The rough idea is:
You got rejected by the person you love and now you'll try to summon a demon to help you get your revenge. But something goes wrong, instead of a Demon, you got a Ghost. And those ghosts need your help to get them out of their dead-alive situation.

You can see my work on my twitter: @kieeud

I already have basic plot/route ideas and 4 characters planned out (2 males, 2 females), but I'm unsure of how to progress. ^^'
DM me on tt or on Discord: Muwu#0617

enishigrudge
Projects: KoharuKaso

#29 Post by enishigrudge »

xfin
Last edited by enishigrudge on Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

RidleyHarker
Completed: Death by Debt
Projects: the God Killers
itch: ridley-harker

#30 Post by RidleyHarker »

GROUP COMPLETE! THANKS GUYS!
Please contact (HarkerRidley #5534) for details.
Our unnamed jam is a bisexual dating sim with urban-survival and eldritch themes.

Alastair Cochraine had just lost his job and is now being threatened with eviction. Determined to keep his apartment—and his 8+ adopted cats—Alastair sets out on a search to pad his bank account. Unfortunately for him, good jobs are hard to find. Example scenarios include becoming an enforcer for a cannibalistic crime boss, grave robbing for the local alchemist, and two other routes. Will Alastair get his rent and keep his cats, or will he end up in the gutter?

Team members so far:
  • Hokousha – Artist
    Ridley Harker – Writer
    FirahFabe - Musician
    Double H - Manager
Alastairsprite.png
Alastairsprite.png (41.77 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
Alastairsketch.png
Alastairsketch.png (69.17 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
Last edited by RidleyHarker on Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Visit my website! http://ridleyharker.com/