Tofu Sheets Visual is going to participate in NaNoRenO 2020! Currently we have writer/scripter (me), 2 VAs from previous projects, and a possible GUI coder. All we need now are an anime-style CG artist, chibi artist (if possible), and a few more VAs! BGs, music, and sprites will be pre-made assets to help speed things along.
Obviously I cannot start until March 1, but as far as pre-production that is allowed goes, the game has a title, named characters and their roles in the story, synopsis, and a rough outline from start to finish! I will be writing the entire story from start to finish in the first week of NaNoRenO.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
TITLE; Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!
Our story follows a high schooler by the name of Annelise with the convenient oddity of her parents never being home. In fact, she hasn't seen them in a year now. One night, when she arrives home late and is about to fix herself dinner, the doorbell rings. Standing there is a shota-looking butler named Noah (that is actually around her age) claiming to be her most loyal servant, and that Annelise is really Lady Valance from another world.... yup, of course she doesn't believe him, until they are under attack and Noah swiftly enters into battle!
It's a story that has comedic moments, bits of action, and just a little bit of cute GxB romance~
The goal wordcount is around 10,000 words and will move along fairly quickly.
[ Artists ]
For artists, simply show me a few samples of your work!
[ Voice Actors ]
Needing voice actors for Noah's role (since he looks quite young, both male and female VAs can audition for him) as well as a few lesser (but still important) roles!
Please note that audition lines are tentative as the script cannot be written yet, but it'll help give a feel for the character and help me decide if you're right for the role~ AUDITION DEADLINE: Feb.28th 11:59PM Pacific Time, 2020
NOAH (Male, but can be played by either male or female VA)
Annelise's loyal combat butler. He is very charming and speaks in a fairly polite manner. He battles using a katana. Can have a slight British or similar accent, but this is not required.
Because he has a youthful boyish appearance (even though he is older than that), I will accept both male and female voice actors to try out for him! Females that can make a boyish sounding voice are preferred, but guys with a medium-high to high range that can fit for someone with an appearance of 12-14 years of age are welcomed to try out!
- "I am at your service, mi'lady. What would you have me do?" [said to Annelise]
- "You won't even get within the proximity of the air she breathes!" [in battle, determined, threatening, yet still composed]
- "I'm sorry to disappoint you... actually no, it's honestly my pleasure" [a taunt at the enemy, said polite but with a bite of sass]
One of Annelise's friends. He is fun to hang out with. Doesn't believe things too easy, brushes it off. Medium-high range.
- "Yeah, I'm bored, let's go do something else." [loss of interest]
- "What kind of oddly specific hypothetical scenario is that?" [taken aback, confused, thinks Annelise is being weird]
A somewhat friend of Annelise, or more of a nice acquaintance. She really doesn't know Annelise too well and has only recently started talking. She only shows periodically in the story. She is sweet and gentle. Medium-high to high range.
- "Good morning Annelise! Oh my, did you sleep OK? You look awful." [Concerned]
- "You know, if you ever need to get something off your chest, I'd be happy to lend an ear." [Friendly]
The teacher of Annelise's class. She is the mother of one of Annelise's male friends, Sora. Has a mature sounding voice (but higher ranged are welcome to try out if you can sound like an adult). Appears only 2-3 times briefly in the story.
- "Good morning class!" [cheerful]
- "There's been many strange attacks lately. Please stay safe and do not go out at night unless you absolutely must." [concern]
VILLAINS (Male or Female)
There's a few villains that show up during the fights, probably about 3-4 in total. Can be played by either male or female voice overs! Any voice type, accent, mature or youthful, all are welcome!
- "Is Lady Valance with you? Oh how I'd love to just rip her hair out!"
- "Like your katana can deflect my bullets."
- "THAT WOMAN MUST DIE!!!!"
- "You can't protect her forever. Just give up. It's futile."
HOW TO CONTACT
To contact me for either artist or voice acting positions, you may PM here at Lemmasoft or contact me via e-mail at; kokoro_hane(at)yahoo.com (just replace "at" with @). Mark subject line "NaNoRenO - (Voice or Artist) Position" so I do not mistake as spam.
CAN I REALLY FINISH
I believe I can, yes. Whilst I have not done so for NaNoRenO, I HAVE completed games for even shorter jams that contain voicework! ^^
"30 Killowatt Hours Left" was done in 72-hours
"Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale" an RPG, was done in 1 week
"A Piece of Sweetness" was not for a jam but was completed in 3 weeks
ANYTHING ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
- This game has no adult content, and little to no profanity (if any such words are used, it's light like "damn" and "hell" that's pretty much it)
- The script for voiceovers will be available no later than March 8th. The deadline for receiving voice acting for those who've been cast will be the 28th of March.
- Artists will receive what is needed to be drawn sometime within the first week of NaNo and have the same deadline as VAs
- In the worst case scenario, if voice or artworks do not make it in on time, the game will still be released and later updated with what is missing, so don't stress about holding the project back ^^
- This is a free project (but you probably already knew that), no money will be made off of it
If you have any questions, you are free to post here, PM me, or e-mail me ^^