Sci-fi VN looking for partners

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
raynetempura

Sci-fi VN looking for partners

#1 Post by raynetempura »

UPDATE:
I've found a partner to work with! We are assembling a demo and plan to run a small kickstarter to fund the rest of the game. We have selected artists for all the art roles. But if anyone is interested in helping, feel free to send me an e-mail. Thank you to everyone who has shown their interest and support. I'm so grateful! And I hope you will continue to support the game's development.

_____

Hello! My name is Ashley. To be completely honest, I'm new to making VNs...but I enjoy playing them and I enjoy writing, and so I've always wanted to try making one of my own. So, I wrote a script. It is a science-fiction story with suspense and psychological horror themes and a romantic (GxB) subplot. I've titled it The Azimuth Gap.

Plot Summary:
In the space-faring future, there is an organization called the United Space Federation that employ what are referred to as Responders: groups of engineers and scientists sent on year-long missions to investigate reported phenomena in various quadrants of space.

The USF Dixie is in the middle of one such mission on a very routine tour, with the exception of the presence of a Corporate VIP and her android assistant. As the crew is under the assumption they are being evaluated by headquarters, everyone is on their best behavior. Other than a series of maintenance issues, the tour is going well … until the ship arrives at the next incident site and the crew find something there that they did not expect to find: an alien vessel. When all attempts to hail are met with silence and lifescans come up negative, the Captain makes the only logical choice: send in a team to investigate.

You will assume the identity of one of these Responders.
__

Due to major spoilers, I can't reveal too much more. The story takes place on two spaceships, one human and one alien. The player character is female. I will say that though the story is fairly linear, it provides plenty of opportunity for the player to shape their personality and relationships, and their choices will directly impact the ending. As it stands, there is some mild graphic violence and sexual themes present in the script. Please note, I have done my absolute best to respect the science when it comes to technology and space-faring procedures.

What I Have:
-I have a completed script that is just over 110,000 words.
-I have a complete list of needed art assets and sound effects. [Subject to change at artist's discretion.]
-I have a programmer
-I have a composer

Final Notes:
This will be released as a free game.

If anyone is interested in being a part of this project or requires more information, please feel free to contact me here or e-mail me at raynetempura@gmail.com. I also have Discord if you would like to leave me your info.
Last edited by raynetempura on Tue May 12, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Sci-fi VN looking for partners

#2 Post by Zelan »

My only skill is writing and editing so unfortunately I can't help you, but this game sounds really cool and I'd love to play it. Best of luck finding partners to work with. (: Consider looking through the threads of people offering their services. Most will not work for free but there are a few who sometimes will if they really love the concept.

(Also, if the player character is female and pursuing a romance with male characters, you'll want to use the GxB tag rather than BxG!)

raynetempura

#3 Post by raynetempura »

Thank you very much. I hope one day you can play it! :) I will definitely look through the thread as well. (And I fixed the tag, thank you!)

HarukaNami9909
Regular
Discord: HarukaNami#4091

#4 Post by HarukaNami9909 »

Send you an email for the GUI position!

akrasia
Projects: Demon Valley
Organization: Green Cheek Studio
itch: greencheekstudios

#5 Post by akrasia »