Recruitment for Yaoi Jam 2020

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Abyss_Team
Projects: Project Abyss, Hellevator
itch: abyss-team

Recruitment for Yaoi Jam 2020

#1 Post by Abyss_Team » Tue May 19, 2020 8:11 am

Hello everyone! We came up with an abstract idea that we want to use for the upcoming Yaoi Jam 2020/Sunofes 2020.

The general premise is a deconstruction (sort of) of the VN romance genre. It should feel like a lovey-dovey romance where the player's avatar needs to court his love interest. This love interest seems sweet and innocent but, deep down, his presence has a negative impact on you (he lies, cheats and manipulates you for his own sake). What would you do? Power through in the hopes of someday finding real love? Or leave him behind?

If the premise interests you and you'd like to join us on this adventure, you're more than welcome! You can contact us through a PM, Twitter (@AbyssTeam1) or join our Discord server (https://discord.gg/HjQdHwV).

What roles we're looking for now:
* Artists (UI);

We participated in this year's Nanoreno jam with Hellevator (https://abyss-team.itch.io/hellevator) and the O2A2 Visual novel Jam with Goodbye Emilia (https://abyss-team.itch.io/goodbye-emilia).
Last edited by Abyss_Team on Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Adhylia

Re: Recruitment for Yaoi Jam 2020

#2 Post by Adhylia » Wed May 20, 2020 5:42 am

Hello! The project's premise arouses my curiosity. I'm interested in joining as a sprite artist. I can help with CGs as well. You can check some of my works here: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=58364

I'm sending over a DM on Twitter :)
Image Image

Character Artist • Commissions open!

Abyss_Team

#3 Post by Abyss_Team » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:16 am

We are still looking for a colorist (to color the background art) and UI artist!

Here's some character concept art by Adhylia!

Huebear

#4 Post by Huebear » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:56 pm

Well, I'm more used to color sprites and never tried to color background but I could try if you want.

Abyss_Team

#5 Post by Abyss_Team » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:08 am

Update to the previous piece of concept art, now coloured!
We're still looking for people to partner up for this jam! See the first post for more info!