(OPEN) XENOBLADE CHRONICLES OTOME GAME WRITER(S) NEEDED!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
XBDC36
Regular

(OPEN) XENOBLADE CHRONICLES OTOME GAME WRITER(S) NEEDED!

#1 Post by XBDC36 »

DISCLAIMER: I am aware of the legality that this might entail as Nintendo is notorious for disliking fangames, but trust me, I have asked around about this and have been told about the various paths I can take to make sure that nothing happens from a legal standpoint, so everything should be alright on that front. No original assets from the game will be used. The story will be different. The game will be free. These are all of the things I have been asked and advised on. Regardless, if you think that there is something that might not have been considered, PM me.

BEWARE OF SPOILERS! IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED THE GAME, YOU PROBABLY WON'T PICK UP ON THEM, BUT STILL BE AWARE!

Alright, so I've got some explaining to do. Me and one other person have been planning to make a Xenoblade Chronicles otome game (this was before the Remake was announced) but development has gotten stale from a writing standpoint. We have a list of all of the characters we want to do routes on as well as general open-ended ideas for them, but we're having trouble connecting them in a way that we like/makes sense. Our list of characters we're making routes for goes as follows:

-Shulk
-Alvis
-Kallian
-Zanza
We know that there are other characters too, (i.e. Dunban and Reyn) but we didn't think stories with them would be that interesting(or maybe we're just bad at coming up with ideas XD). We actually considered adding a story for Rikki at one point, but it was mostly just a meme

So far, we have a solid beginning, or the part where you get to choose which character you're going to be with. We have started on Shulk's story, but that's where our problem really began and made us realize we might need more help. We also have in a way started thinking about how we're going to connect all of the routes to
Zanza
as we wanted him to be the final unlockable character after finishing everyone else's route, so that's another thing to keep in mind.

The general premise of the game is that the player is a person who lives on The Fallen Arm and craves adventure despite being told that the world above is dangerous by those around them. In the middle of the night, they sneak out to being their adventure of traveling the world, and along the way they meet all of the characters in the game with an obvious potential of gaining a romantic relationship with them.

Of course, a lot more work has to be done, but someone else on this forum posted a good question which asked what you should concentrate on first, art or coding/story and all the replies said coding/story. There's already one other writer on the team, so you won't be alone! I'll be there to edit your work as well, so don't get too hung on re-reading your work ten times over for any spelling mistakes!

None of us are going to be payed for this, so we're looking for someone who is willing to do this for free, as we are!

We're willing to take as many people onto the team as we can, but ultimately I think that 1-3 writers should be enough!

Thank you for reading and if you're interested, please say so through a comment or PM! We've been keeping a Google Doc with all of our work on it, so I will send it to you afterwards! Send me a friend request on Discord if you like as well! (Longya #8693)
Last edited by XBDC36 on Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

XBDC36
Regular

Re: (OPEN) XENOBLADE CHRONICLES OTOME GAME WRITER(S) NEEDED!

#2 Post by XBDC36 »

Still open and looking for another writer!
Not very active, but never dead

XBDC36
Regular

#3 Post by XBDC36 »

Still on the lookout for another writer!

XBDC36
Regular

#4 Post by XBDC36 »

Looking for another artist as well!

moonflow123

#5 Post by moonflow123 »

Hi, is the position still open? I am interested and wants to be a part of your writers team

XBDC36
Regular

#6 Post by XBDC36 »

moonflow123 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:44 am Hi, is the position still open? I am interested and wants to be a part of your writers team
Yeah, it is! I'm happy that you'd like to join! I'll send you a private message shortly.

XBDC36
Regular

#7 Post by XBDC36 »

Still willing to take on new people!

XBDC36
Regular

#8 Post by XBDC36 »

One of my writers left for a missions trip, looking for someone to fill their spot and more are open still!

XBDC36
Regular

#9 Post by XBDC36 »

Send me a friend request on Discord if you like as well! (Longya #8693)