[Yaoi Jam 2020] A writer/programmer looking for an artist!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Franeg

[Yaoi Jam 2020] A writer/programmer looking for an artist!

#1 Post by Franeg »

I want to participate in this year's Yaoi Jam with an entry called "Autumn Is His Favorite Season". I'm primarily looking for a sprite artist who would like to create sprites for just two characters, one of them a normal human teenage boy, and one of a more mystical being, detached from humanity.

A BG artist would be welcomed as well!

I'm not yet sure what artstyle would be best for the project, so feel free to message me and we'll see.

The plot idea is as follows:
Thomas has always thought of himself as the problematic genius kid, often getting in trouble for questioning authority. In fact, his intelligence quickly became his entire identity as a defense mechanism. When he begins high school, his entire sense of self feels threatened when he meets and falls in love with one of his new classmates who is much smarter and more skilled than him, Patrick. Thomas cannot cope with the mixture of love and intense jealousy and one day, he discovers his body has started rotting away and that he's half-alive, half-death. He is contacted by the Lord of Death, Destodes, who tells him his state is a big anomaly and that he can't exist in this state forever - he must choose either death or life.

If that sounds like something you would be interested in, hit me up on my Discord (Franeg#8630). Thanks!