[OPEN] Aella of Athens Recruitment

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Chanda
Regular
Projects: Aella of Athens (WIP)
Organization: Visual Butterfly
Deviantart: spowers161
itch: visualbutterfly

[OPEN] Aella of Athens Recruitment

#1 Post by Chanda »

Hello! I’m Chanda with Visual Butterfly. I’m looking for people to join my team to work on Aella of Athens.

Some background about Aella of Athens is that it was entered in NaNoReno 2020+ and has since taken a break. The major issues I seem to be running into is the current platform which was used as the customization is limited as well as BG placeholders. Since everyone’s contribution was volunteered, I wanted it to stay free.

The game takes place prior to the marriage of Hades and Kore (Persephone) and they have no relation to each other as far as blood relation.
Please be aware that when applying for this project that mental health is involved and triggers like suicide, multiple underlying disorders are present, depression, etc are written within the game’s text.
Editor/Proofreader [2]I have someone on board as an editor already, but she is busy at this moment. It will be nice to have more people on board.

BG Artist [1]The game is set in 450 BC Athens. By looking at the demo, the house BG, outdoor dining BG, etc are not at all relevant to the times.

Coder [1]The platform the game had been using was Tyranobuilder, but it will be switching over to Ren’py. I was the main coder, but I would like someone to help me as I have never coded with Ren’py before.
For anyone applying to these positions, please keep in contact. It’s all I ask to keep updated on your progress, so I’m not incessantly in your DMs looking for answers.
Set around 450 BC, following the story of a fugitive Princess of Athens, Aella wonders aimlessly to find her purpose. With nowhere to return, she only has herself and her trusted wind gods, The Anemoi, to rely on. On her journey, she comes across two individuals who change the course of her fate. Whether she chooses to stay with either of them is up to you.

Secrecy, Desire, Hidden Motives, and most of all Romance awaits Aella on her adventure.
Aella is the playable heroine who tries to make sense of her destiny. Aella has been told much, but she has a discerning eye for lies. Traveling aimlessly throughout Athens, she’s meeting people and following her heart to get the answers she needs.
A God with no goal in life. He has many circling rumors. He’s known for his harem, his lies, his manipulative behavior, and his cheating ways. However, what is true about this God underneath the rumors, very few actually know.
The Other Zeus, The Unseen One, Aidoneus, a plethora of epithets to go by. He lives in the darkness as a mere shadow. It is something he has been used to as well as what he desperately wishes to leave behind.
A naïve Goddess untainted and divine as many know her. However, what she’s really like can only be discovered by those she trusts. Kore is a beauty who wants to see the world but is constrained through duty and her mother.
A venomous Goddess, filled with a burning love for her husband, Zeus. Her jealousy has driven her to get rid of competition for eons. With the pretense of protecting Zeus from getting hurt by humans who mean him harm, she has eliminated many.
A secretive Harvest Goddess. Much like Hades she has kept to herself down below Olympus growing crops with her newfound daughter. Hiding Kore, protecting Kore but for what reason? The once jovial woman but a fragment of who she once was.
I am a slow worker motivated by a deadline for NaNoRenO 2020 to get the demo out. With that said, I wasn’t able to finish the entire demo from the timeline I had planned with my carpal tunnel.
I will be writing, scripting, coding as well as working with the VA. I’ve never used Ren’py, so I’m not familiar with Python, but I’m more than willing to learn.
We will be making the switch for the game from Tyranobuilder to Ren’py. There have been a lot of issues I saw with Tyranobuilder which showed in the final demo of the game. It didn’t affect gameplay, but it did affect the visual aspect.
Please fill out this form to be considered for the game! If you don’t fill out a form, then you will not be considered. Thank you so much for your cooperation!

If you have any questions regarding the game or want to tell me that you’ve filled out your application, you can contact me here:
Discord: Chanda#8029
E-Mail: vis.butterfly2020@gmail.com
Twitter: @vis_butterfly
Last edited by Chanda on Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DragonLord99

Re: Aella of Athens Recruitment

#2 Post by DragonLord99 »

I might be interested for the Editor/Proofreader role. How many words do you estimate the writing to be?

Chanda
Regular

#3 Post by Chanda »

DragonLord99 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:30 pm I might be interested for the Editor/Proofreader role. How many words do you estimate the writing to be?
Hello! Thank you for your interest. The demo was over 6k words alone and it wasn’t completed either. I plan for there to be a minimum of 12-16 episodes per route with a possible hidden bachelor with the same amount of episodes. The word count being at least 10k. Keep in mind that the chapters will be done on a monthly to bimonthly basis

Chanda
Regular

Update on Recruitment

#4 Post by Chanda »

Hello Everyone!
I would like to announce that the position for a BG Artist has been filled. Thank you anyone who has filled out the application!
The roles which have not been crossed out are still available to apply for. Please have a look at the link provided!

underneaththetales

#5 Post by underneaththetales »

Question: Would you allow someone to apply for two roles?

Elric Atchison
Completed: Friendly Meetup
Projects: Good Morning, Royal Legend
Organization: Bronze Pinnacle Games
itch: row96rowland
Discord: Timothy Rowland II#6889

#6 Post by Elric Atchison »

I applied for Editor/Proofreader. But I have a massive amount of voice over experience. In case if you want voice acting in your game soon... Let me know.
Voice Actor:
Zen- Solipsism Reigns
Bouncer (Samuel)- The Curse of Dwight Periwinkle
Marcus Marshall- Aurore: Five Princes
and others

Visual Novel Creator:
Friendly Meetup

Here's a more chronicled version and better version!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pxL ... r-9IW98c-8

Chanda
Regular

#7 Post by Chanda »

underneaththetales wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:16 pm Question: Would you allow someone to apply for two roles?
Hi, sorry for the very late reply! It depends on the roles you want to apply for in all honesty and if you can maintain them well. Which ones were you thinking of?
Elric Atchison wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:32 pm I applied for Editor/Proofreader. But I have a massive amount of voice over experience. In case if you want voice acting in your game soon... Let me know.
Hey! Again sorry for the late reply! I've been busy working on everything. I got your message in discord and appreciate it. I'm not looking for anymore VA's currently, but I'm looking through the applications now!

Chanda
Regular

#8 Post by Chanda »

Update!!
Hello! I'm Chanda with an update on Aella of Athens. Currently, the prologue is in its editing stages at ~10k words. I wanted to finish the prologue before bringing editors on board.
Unfortunately, I have to reopen the position for our BG Artist due to conflicts in scheduling. While this does push back production, I do have other ideas while I try to find a BG Artist to try and get people interested in this game's production!
That is all I have as far as updates. Thank you for your attention and I'll be looking into the applications!

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by gas »

How the game work? Standard VNL, simulation... It does own some special gameplay feature or is just a branched narration?
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN

Chanda
Regular

#10 Post by Chanda »

gas wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:24 pm How the game work? Standard VNL, simulation... It does own some special gameplay feature or is just a branched narration?
I plan for it to be a traditional visual novel with dictionary features. I'm thinking of adding a map feature for post main stories for the other characters.

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by gas »

All right, thank you, I'm busy with complicate coding already and I can't mess with some complicate stuff. I like the setting, so... why not? I'll give some help as coder. I'll go compile the module.
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN