[CLOSED] Love is Blind(?) looking for extra VAs! [NaNoRenO][IntRenAiMo][Otome]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

[CLOSED] Love is Blind(?) looking for extra VAs! [NaNoRenO][IntRenAiMo][Otome]

#1 Post by Kokoro Hane »

EDIT: Auditions have now officially closed. Thank you to everyone who sent one in!

Greetings!

Tofu Sheets Visual is once again going to participate in NaNoRenO... errr, sort of. This year, it counts as IntRenAiMo since we've begun art a little early, BUT! Our plan is to get it finished by NaNo's deadline! We already have most of the team (artists, GUI, and main voice cast) but are looking for a few more VAs for a minor character + various extras!

Even though this is standard knowledge, I always like to repeat it--this is a free project, so all teammates are volunteers! No money will be made from this game.

ABOUT THE GAME

Love is Blind(?) follows a young 19-year-old girl named Pat (short for Patricia) who enrolls in an experimental blind dating project, where the service randomly match-makes you with someone. Pat will communicate with her potential suitor via text messages ONLY, and by the end of a certain period, choose whether or not she wants to continue by meeting in person! Only then will players get to see what he looks and sounds like! There are a total of 4 potential love interests, and on the first playthrough, totally determined by the use of renpy.random (second playthrough a vague choice menu opens up). It will be a comedic, light-hearted slice of life that can be a bit silly and ridiculous at times.

ROLES NEEDED

We have 1 minor role (but will have a larger role in another jam project later this year) + a few extras needed! Since the script has not been written yet until March starts, all auditions lines are tentative. Swearing will be very very mild (so nothing heavier than; damn, ass, hell, pissed, etc. but you are welcome to adlib these out if you're not comfortable with it!)

Patrick (MC's brother)
Male - Medium-High Voice
He's a bit skeptical about the idea of this blind dating project his sister enrolls in. Personally, he recommends against it but she does it anyway. Throughout the project, he observes her, conflicted on whether or not he should try it himself to find a girl. If the MC succeeds in finding the love of her life, Patrick immediately enrolls at the end! (IMPORTANT NOTE: all auditioning for him must be willing to reprise the role for the sequel "Love is Still Blind(?)" for Summer Novel Festival jam that takes place July-August where he is the MC enrolling in the project to find a girl--this game, being a jam project too, will also be free).

[ Audition Lines ]
"Cupid's Texting Service? What kind of a dumbass name is that?" [scoffing]
"Pat... I dunno, this service sounds pretty shady. What if you end up with a dirtbag?" [concerned]
"Not going so well, is it? I told you this service was a waste of time."
"Pfft... sis, I may be lonely, but unlike you, I'm not THAT desperate."
"H-Huh? O-Oh... the desk is over there." [initially stunned, but defaults back to his normal demeanor (is directing a girl to the sign up desk)]
"Hmmm... they seem pretty happy... maybe I was wrong... this... this could be my chance!" [a thought to himself, change of heart about the project]
* You're also free to throw in some adlibs if you're feeling creative!

Announcer
Male or Female - Any Vocal Range
The person on the intercom at the sign-up station that echoes announcements or calls participants up to the counter.

[ Audition Lines ]
"Attention all participants! The raffle assignment will begin in 5 minutes, I repeat, 5 minutes!"
"May Patricia Hart please come up to the registration desk?"

Desk Helper
Male or Female - Any Vocal Range
The person at the desk that helps our MC get all set up.

[ Audition Lines ]
"A little nervous, Missy?"
"Just grab a piece of paper from the jar. It'll make no sense to you, but to us, it lets us know who you've been assigned to."
"Hopefully luck's on your side."

Random Girl
Female - Medium-High or High Voice
One of the people registering near the end of the game which is one of the things that convinces Pat's brother to enroll.

[ Audition Lines ]
"Umm... excuse me? Do you know where the register is?" [asking one of the characters]
"Awww... why is there so much paper work?" [complaining]
"You know what, it's worth it... I just know I'll find the man of my dreams here!" [dispels complaint]

AUDITION DEADLINE
5PM PST ON FEBRUARY 26TH, 2021

RULES
- You must have a decently clear sounding mic
- Record audition lines in either .wav, .mp3, or .ogg format
- You can have multiple auditions in one e-mail
- Title your audio file(s) "(Character Name)_(NameYouWishToBeCreditedAs)" [for example: Patrick_BobVoicer.mp3]
- E-mail auditions to kokoro_hane(at)yahoo.com (of course make at to @) with subject line "NaNoRenO audition"

I look forward to hearing your auditions! The plan is to cast everyone on the evening of February 28th or no later than March 1!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"