[Closed]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Abyss_Team
Regular
Completed: La Vie en Rose, Goodbye Emilia
Projects: Project Abyss, Hellevator
itch: abyss-team

[Closed]

#1 Post by Abyss_Team »

Hello everyone!

We're Abyss Team, a group of rag tag adventures that have been working on VNs the past four years or so (you can find some of our older projects at the bottom of this post).
For Winter Jam 2020 (yes, December last year), we developed an early demo of Eternal Winter - an otome game with a tiny dash of fairy tale and magic...and a whole lot of fantasy world politics - and have been working on it ever since.

Since Winter Jam 2021 is upon us, we thought it'd only be appropriate to release a new demo of Eternal Winter with all the new content we were able to produce until now to celebrate this occasion. However, due to its sheer amount of it, we'd like to partner with a RenPy scripter to assist us on this task.

Please take a look at the info below for more information on Eternal Winter and what tasks the RenPy scripter would be in charge of.

------------------------------------------------------------------

(Logo by Saibraeus)

Premise:
Eternal Winter.

This was the name of the curse that killed the heirs of the Esternian Empire, whose heartlessness and cruelty were known far and wide. The bearer of the curse would be born with a small fragment of ice near their heart. As they grew older, the ice would slowly encroach upon their heart and encase it until they die. Although the age of death varies, none of them made it past their 20th year.

And so, the Esternian Empire met its doom and was replaced by another ruling family.

One day, the Estern family’s last descendant and bearer of the curse discovered a possible way to break it. But can she believe in a solution derived from a long-lost fairy tale? Is 'love' the answer to her family's long-lasting predicament? And if it is, will she ever learn to truly love someone?

Current demo can be found here: https://abyss-team.itch.io/eternal-winter

------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the tasks the RenPy Scripter would be in charge, these would be the following:

* Responsible for scripting 36K words of dialogue and narration and ensure the narrative flow (story splits, jump to scenes);
* Update existing variables (relationship values, among others) and create new ones if necessary;
* Display the background images adequate to the current scene. All backgrounds have already been gathered;
* Display character sprites that are currently participating in the scene. Sprites are already coded into the game: main characters as layered images, side characters as side images;
* Display CGs (7 of them) during their respective moments;
* Select and play the BGM music adequate to the current scene. All BGMs are already coded into the game - some original, others from external sources, used under the CC-BY license. If you feel the available tracks do not match the situation, feel free to suggest others!
* Add transitions (characters entering or leaving the scene; changing backgrounds) and simple animations wherever the scripter feels they're necessary;
* Add voice acting to specific character dialogues (these files are already recorded and split).

--------------------------------------

If you'd like to join us on this adventure, feel free to drop a comment below, reach out to us on Twitter, or send us a private message!
If there's anything that is not clear, do let us know, we'll do our best to clarify it.

Important: do note that this is an ambitious project that has been in development for some time (almost one year), and will continue to be so after the Jam ends.
Nevertheless, a demo will be released at the end of Winter Jam 2021, and the involvement with the project past this date is left to the scripter's discretion.

Thank you very much for reading our long post!

Stay healthy!

-- Abyss Team

--------------------------------------

Older projects:
Last edited by Abyss_Team on Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.

IchoSuzu
Deviantart: kanako78

Re: [IntRenAiMo] Looking to partner up with a Sprite artist, BG artist(s) and Proofreaders![GxB][Fantasy]

#2 Post by IchoSuzu »

I’d like to help out as a proofreader!

Yoakas

Re: [IntRenAiMo] Looking to partner up with a Sprite artist, BG artist(s) and Proofreaders![GxB][Fantasy]

#3 Post by Yoakas »

Hello, I would like to offer my services as a proofreader as well!

Dreamer24-7
Tumblr: StorybookDreamer24-7
Deviantart: StorybookDreamer24-7
Soundcloud: Dreamer24-7
itch: Dreamer24 7

#4 Post by Dreamer24-7 »

I can also help as a proofreader! :)

GoingGoingKeith
itch: goingoingkeith

#5 Post by GoingGoingKeith »

If you're still looking for a sprite artist, I'd like to help out! My portfolio is here; https://clariceissomwhatno.wixsite.com/my-site

Abyss_Team
Regular

#6 Post by Abyss_Team »

Please check your private boxes, there should be a message from us in there.

Ilsra_nate

Re: [IntRenAiMo] Looking to partner up with a BG artist(s)![GxB][Fantasy]

#7 Post by Ilsra_nate »

Hi.
I'm a background artist and sprite artist.
My portopolio :
http://Www.instagram.com//ilsra_nate//

Abyss_Team
Regular

Re: [Open] Looking to partner up with RenPy scripter for Winter Game Jam 2021! [GxB][Fantasy][Otome-ish]

#8 Post by Abyss_Team »

Updated main post! Looking to partner up with a RenPy Scripter!