Otome Jam (GxB): Scripter, GUI programmer

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
foleso
Regular
Completed: Demon Kiss, Rustea Conversation, Love Rewind, Crown & Cauldron
Projects: Franken Tutor
Organization: Foleso
Tumblr: foleso
Deviantart: foleso
Github: foleso
itch: Foleso

Otome Jam (GxB): Scripter, GUI programmer

#1 Post by foleso »

Hello! I'm Foleso, I'm looking for a scripter & GUI programmer for "The Villainess Is Fashionably Late to Her Ending," a Visual Novel where you play Charlotte, a villainess in an otome game who gets time-travelled back into the past and has a chance to fix her mistakes and uncover the secrets of her world.

GUI Programmer
  • Must code GUI into RenPy with provided files
  • The minimum screens are Textbox, Choices, Settings, Save/Load, Confirm, Gallery
GUI Example:
Image Image

Image Image

Scripter
  • Must script around 15,000 words of script into RenPy.
  • You will be provided music & sound effects. Sound effect cues will be provided in script, but music choice is your discretion.

Characters
Charlotte: A through-and-through villainess, Charlotte is a strong-willed woman who stops at nothing to get what she wants: whether it be business, material possessions, or love. Unfortunately, the first two fall into her lap far easier than the last. She fell in love with the transfer student Calen, causing her slow descent into madness. After her life was thoroughly ruined, she rewinds into the past and this time, she's certain she'll learn from her mistakes. Or will she?

Orion: Charlotte's loyal minion friend since childhood. He's always carried out the dirty work of Charlotte's schemes, never questioning her or her authority once. Orion's been in love with her for as long as he can remember, but never dared tell her his feelings. After the rewind, Charlotte gains a newfound appreciation for Orion's loyalty, and may even catch other feelings...

Calen: The smooth and suave transfer student with a mysterious past: that Charlotte learnt through unfortunate means. He's charming and flirtatious, and Charlotte fell in love immediately. However, he had no interest in her, much to Charlotte's dismay. Calen's used to people only seeing what's on the surface, and secretly longs for someone who understands his true self: one that's rough around the edges and full of passion.

Heroine (Nameable): The heroine of the visual novel. She's plain, lacks confidence, and stutters a lot. Her past and eye color are completely unknown.

Contact
foleso#2275 on Discord
Please include some examples of your past work (if any, this is a game jam so if you don't have experience this is a good chance to earn some!)

alexei
Regular
Completed: re:shape, Monster Boys Doctor, Hearts and Hexes, The Prince's Heart, Dragon Gazer
Projects: Motifs, Longing for Change, The Sinking of the Dream Chaser, Town of the Damned, Monster Boy Wars
Organization: Funigami
itch: funigami
Discord: alexei#5190

Re: Otome Jam (GxB): Scripter, GUI programmer

#2 Post by alexei »

Just added you on discord. I've never made a renpy vn, but I would like to help you with your script. I'm very familiar with front end development and I've played a bit with renpy's engine. I don't think it would be a problem for me to make your script and probably your GUI.

Bunnymom
Completed: Wet Nightmares (Lead Programmer/Porting)
Projects: Asathera Chronicles (Lead Programmer WIP), Wet Nightmares (Lead Programmer/Porting), Kemono Friends Opening Day(Lead Programmer/Porting), Messy Academy (resolution upscale),
IRC Nick: BunnyMom
Github: github.com/MadisonStevens98
Discord: thegamegirl#3782

Re: Otome Jam (GxB): Scripter, GUI programmer

#3 Post by Bunnymom »

Hi there, I sent you a discord friend request but I figured I should reply here to be safe.

If you need a programmer feel free to message me here, or on my discord thegamegirl#3782

Here is a link to my own post offering my services, you can also see my resume there:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=60132

I am a professional programmer with multiple degrees, and have worked on many renpy and python projects. I also have references if you need them!