[UNPAID][WRITER][ADULT] Looking for a writing collaborator for my next game

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
GammaBreak
Regular

[UNPAID][WRITER][ADULT] Looking for a writing collaborator for my next game

#1 Post by GammaBreak »

Hello, I have created one visual novel (Acadia University) and released it just around 6-8 months ago. I am hoping to continue exploring visual novel creation by creating another adult-oriented game.

For my next game, I am seeking someone to collaborate with on writing, character design, and plot design (English only). I have an overall plot/setting, as well as a majority of the characters, but I'm struggling with the best way to put everything together in something that is fun and engaging. For example, I am looking to include a little more player engagement as well as more significant branches. I am not open to changing ideas/settings, but some of the characters still have room for development. I have several rough concepts/artworks done of characters and scenes for inspiration (Note: none of these are final or will be used in-game).

Image Image Image

My idea centers around an all-female professional wrestling league (think the presentation of something like the WWE, but authentic/competitive wrestling). The main character is a young man fresh out of high school that applies to various wrestling tournaments, and due to an oversight both by himself and the wrestling organization, he gets entered as the only male competitor. Now contractually obligated to compete, the main character must face off against the other wrestlers, all of which are way are older, tougher, and meaner. Wins and losses affect the story, as well as his relationships with his manager or the mysterious owner of the league.

This writing role is UNPAID, as I would ultimately like to release this game for free, as I did my previous one. If I have a writer/collaborator, that would free up my time and effort into other parts of the project and probably save some time. Even if you only contribute to some of the writing, anything used for the end product, even partial, will be properly credited.

And last thing to note, I work a full time career that is not related to game-making. This is a hobby of mine, and I would require a more casual rate of communication (I can easily talk on a daily basis, but I may not be able to work until my career work is taken care of).

Please let me know of your interest here, I am free to chat more on discord at Grammaton485#9615.

alexei
Regular
Completed: re:shape, Monster Boys Doctor, Hearts and Hexes, The Prince's Heart, Dragon Gazer
Projects: Motifs, Longing for Change, The Sinking of the Dream Chaser, Town of the Damned, Monster Boy Wars
Organization: Funigami
itch: funigami
Discord: alexei#5190

Re: [UNPAID][WRITER][ADULT] Looking for a writing collaborator for my next game

#2 Post by alexei »

Just added you on discord.