[Closed] Dusk and Dawn is looking for a character artist for extended version in November

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Lavinnia
Regular
Completed: Missing William
Projects: Blackmail High, Dream Lover, Saintess of the Golden Bow, Song of Glass, Dusk and Dawn
Organization: Transparent Games

[Closed] Dusk and Dawn is looking for a character artist for extended version in November

#1 Post by Lavinnia »

Edit: All roles are closed now! Thank you

Hello, Lavinnia from Transparent Games here!

Dusk and Dawn is a 33k word otome visual novel about superheroes with two love interests. Rene, an African-American girl, is part of the Dusk hero team who fights Dawn, a supervillain team. One day she gets hurt and soon everything gets more complicated.

We will be making two versions of the game - one for sunofes which will be the game with partial voice acting and sprites by Lady of the Lake/Atelier Solstice. However, I would like to release a fully voice-acted version in November. The script is completed at 33k words, and I think the game deserves a more complete version than the one we can make for a jam.

All work on this project is free and voluntary. We are looking for:
  • sprite artist - 3 characters are designed, they need to be redone in the new artist's art style, plus 5 additional ones should be made in 4 months; the characters are diverse, African-American, Asian, Hispanic, Caucasian; the heroes and villains have two outfits
  • CG artist - 6 cgs are needed, 2 romantic, the rest related to superhero fighting
  • GUI artist - the gui would be futuristic - for the extended version in November - found!
  • GUI programmer - none of our programmers know how to code gui - for the extended version in November - found!
Thank you for your interest in working on this project. Please contact me directly on discord Lavinnia#8840.
My group's previous games can be seen here: https://lavinnia.itch.io/
Last edited by Lavinnia on Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

alexei
Regular
Completed: re:shape, Monster Boys Doctor, Hearts and Hexes, The Prince's Heart, Dragon Gazer
Projects: Motifs, Longing for Change, The Sinking of the Dream Chaser, Town of the Damned, Monster Boy Wars
Organization: Funigami
itch: funigami
Discord: alexei#5190

Re: [Open] Dusk and Dawn is looking for new team members for extended version in November

#2 Post by alexei »

When do you want the GUI coded and what exactly have in mind? I might have time within the next month.

Lavinnia
Regular
Projects: Blackmail High, Dream Lover, Saintess of the Golden Bow, Song of Glass, Dusk and Dawn

Re: [Open] Dusk and Dawn is looking for new team members for extended version in November

#3 Post by Lavinnia »

Hi alexei! We need to be codded for the November release so there's plenty of time. If we can't find someone to make us a custom gui, we'll use one that I'll buy off itch. I saw one that could fit. It's not coded though, so I would really appreciate your help <3

alexei
Regular
Completed: re:shape, Monster Boys Doctor, Hearts and Hexes, The Prince's Heart, Dragon Gazer
Projects: Motifs, Longing for Change, The Sinking of the Dream Chaser, Town of the Damned, Monster Boy Wars
Organization: Funigami
itch: funigami
Discord: alexei#5190

#4 Post by alexei »

As a side note, I can code the graphic version of the UI you'll provide me, but I cannot design it. Is this ok with you?

Lavinnia
Regular

#5 Post by Lavinnia »

Yes, totally ok! Feel free to dm me under Lavinnia#8840 on discord :)

Edit: Only looking for sprite or cg artist now!

Lavinnia
Regular

Re: [Open] Dusk and Dawn is looking for a character artist for extended version in November

#6 Post by Lavinnia »

One artist position is still open!

Edit: Artist found!