[FILLED/CLOSED] Ivy + Blue: Searching for BG Artist + Co-writer [SoL x Friendship]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Neeka
Veteran
Completed: Hearts & Hexes; Winter Flower
Projects: Hearts and Hexes; Our Mountain; The Last Clan: Tale of Oni
Organization: Ostrich Burger Productions
IRC Nick: Neeka
itch: neeka-of-obp

[FILLED/CLOSED] Ivy + Blue: Searching for BG Artist + Co-writer [SoL x Friendship]

#1 Post by Neeka »

Hello everyone! Hope you've been doing well.

This is a recruitment for a Background Artist and potential Co-writer for my slice of life urban fantasy visual novel, Ivy and Blue. (will be opening a position for programmer once the script is finalized)

About: Ivy is a hard-working florist, who recently received her newest shipment of plants. Yet there seems to be a doll inside! On closer inspection, they're green and breathing, with a succulent for hair...The miniature person doesn't seem to be doing well, so Ivy jumps to her feet and nurses them back to health. Thus begins a story of differences, similarities, and overall friendship.

Timeline: Publish the game in early spring at the latest to itch.io for Windows + Mac.
Workload:

BG Artist: 4 total. Inside flower shop (wide view), flower shop shelves (closeup), flower arranging table (closeup), bedroom.

These can be done in a loose, sketchy style with minimal/light coloring.

Co-writer: Mainly in charge of assisting me with the script, picking up on any scenes where I get stuck. No more than 10K words MAX, though I doubt it will amount to that much. The overall game won't be more than an hour and half of gameplay.

Character Sketches/Designs:

annd that's it! If you're interested please shoot me a PM over on discord (Neeka Z#3115) as I am more active there than I am on here.