[CLOSED] Yuri Jam 2021 Project looking for artists

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
chimeriquement
Completed: Meeting my weird parents-in-law: Aïcha; The Life I Lost; High School Lolita - my crushing love story; Kissing Snow-White
itch: chimeriquement

[CLOSED] Yuri Jam 2021 Project looking for artists

#1 Post by chimeriquement »

Hi!
I’m a visual novel writer and programmer (sort of) who’s been working on a project for the upcoming Yuri Jam. The project is still unnamed (although its temporary name is “dum hot mess meeting her parents-in-law”) but fully written!
The project is going to be absolutely free: it’s just for fun (and to expend your portfolio, if you’re interested in that)!
I hope this post gives enough information to make you interested in this project!

Concept

First, let’s start with a little summary, shall we?

Aïcha is a French 21-year-old lady who’s been dating Judith for quite a time. Now, it’s time for her to meet her catholic and somehow racist parents-in-law. What could possibly go wrong?

If it weren’t for the “what could possibly go wrong?” you might wonder what the tone of the game is going to be; but I wrote “what could possibly go wrong?”, and now you know it is a comedy. It is actually quite an absurd game. The scenario isn’t that serious or deep, it’s just something silly and funny, really. For instance, here are some lines of the game to give you a better idea. Here is another example. I usually like to give silly aspects to my stories before introducing a plot-twist that makes the whole thing more serious: this isn’t the case here, it’s really just a looooot of jokes.

The rating would be PG-13, for the language and maybe the content of some jokes. But the game doesn’t contain any sensitive imagery.

So, if you’re interested in working on a funny and silly project, you should probably read further; otherwise, thanks for the consideration you’ve already given me, have a nice day!

What do I need?

Well, what I really need is a sprite artist for four characters (there are five characters in the game but, don’t worry, I take care of the last one, hehehe). They are Aïcha, Judith and her parents. I still think I should give more information to help you get a better idea of the work.

Aïcha. — She just requires one pose and one outfit; I’ll certainly give you a list of expressions, but it shouldn’t be more than ten.
Judith. — Same as Aïcha; yet, she requires a special sprite with a new pose, a new outfit and one single expression.
Catherine. — Same as Aïcha.
Adolf. — Same as Aïcha; yet, he requires a special sprite with a new pose and one single expression. His outfit doesn’t change.

If you think you can contribute, please, hit me up, I’d be glad to work with you!

Here is the core of what I need. Yet, I also thought that getting CGs might be cool. The game has three different endings so I thing having one CG for each ending could be great! As well as for the sprites, I think I need to give you more precise details to help you get the idea of the amount of work; it might be hard since I don’t want to spoil anything, but I’ll try my best.

CG 1. — Two characters in profile view watching the night sky; with a special detail in the sky.
CG 2. — A person on the floor with a person by their side.
CG 3. — Five characters dancing in a circle.

For each of these, the background doesn’t need to be detailed at all.

If you can contribue to the CGs, please, let me know: that would be extra and is not necessary for this game, but it might be cool! But I know it can be a lot of work, so don’t go too hard on yourself!

Also, if you think you can contribute to the game in any manner, don’t hesitate. There are things I can deal with myself (not perfectly but fine enough I guess) so I wouldn’t dare ask for help, but if you think you can help (and if you’re willing to), let me know!

If you’re still here, thanks again, that’s so nice! If you’re interested, read below to know how to contact me! Otherwise, thanks for having read me so far, have a nice day!

How to contact me?

So, I would rather be contacted on my Twitter account, by private messages. But if you don’t have a twitter account, you can also contact me here!
You can also contact me on Discord: chimeriquement (king anointed)#4303

That’s all, folks! Thanks for having read me! I wish you a super-duper day!