Assembling Team for Passion Project

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Bunnymom
Completed: Wet Nightmares (Lead Programmer/Porting)
Projects: Asathera Chronicles (Lead Programmer WIP), Wet Nightmares (Lead Programmer/Porting), Kemono Friends Opening Day(Lead Programmer/Porting), Messy Academy (resolution upscale),
IRC Nick: BunnyMom
Github: github.com/MadisonStevens98
Discord: thegamegirl#3782

Assembling Team for Passion Project

#1 Post by Bunnymom »

Hi there! I'm BunnyMom, and currently I'm trying to get some assistance with a project of mine. Here is a little about me!

I'm a professional programmer, and have worked on multiple (commercial AND free)games and I'm currently developing my own. This game is passion project of mine, and even if there is no interest I plan on working anyway as it's something I've always wanted to do. Here is my game's basic idea:

Concept/Pitch: A school slice of life dating sim with many fun stat features, and a heavy emphasis and theming on a more feminine and shojo experience. I basically want this to be ultimate shojo anime high school- the game!

Features:
-a full explorable school/town map
-customizable main character
-a phone
-a mail and letter system
-stats
-relationships and friendships
-calender/events
-money, items, and shops
-weather
-and a lot more!

I want to emphasize that I'm looking for people willing to either donate/volunteer their time and assets. I want people who really enjoy whatever they do, and who really believe in/like the project. For the most part this will be for free, I'm broke AF at the moment. Eventually though when I have money (in a few months) I'll be able to offer flat reimbursement/payment. This game is also free for now, but once it's further along I do want to monetize it and from there you could be reimbursed.

Here is what I'm looking for/need:

Sprite Artist:
This is the area of the game in the most need! I don't currently have any sprites and this is the least developed part of my project. I'm really looking for a cuter, more shojo inspired anime style. I need some generic school girl and boy characters, a couple teachers, and some animals(dog, bunny). You are totally welcome to ask or submit art for one character, or multiple.

Here are some examples of what kind of style I want:
https://cloudnovel.net/Elzee
https://liah0227.itch.io/

Dialogue/Event/Character Writer: I need a skilled writer/writers who can flesh out world/characters a bit, and I ESPECIALLY need a skilled dialogue writer! Romance will tend to be the focus but not always. I need some relationship story lines that are meaningful, as well as more fun random events that can take place throughout the school year in the game.
Here are some examples of what I want:
-A relationship route with multiple cutscenes, alternate routes,
-character/world designer to add ti current characters/world as well as add in interesting side stories, characters, and plots
-dialogue writing!
-school events/holidays

OTHER: I could also use the help any one who wants to contribute at all! Whether that's just fun ideas, writing, UI, characters, art, features, music, etc.

BG art will be using assets done by https://cloudnovel.net/fluffness

If your interested please message me here, reply to this thread or contact me through:

email: shadowmadi@yahoo.com
discord: thegamegirl#3782

Dragonstar89
Regular
Projects: TBA
Organization: Self
IRC Nick: dstar89
Deviantart: senpai-jake

Re: Assembling Team for Passion Project

#2 Post by Dragonstar89 »

Sent you a fr on discord! I'm definitely interested in any of the writing parts.
Beginning pre-production work on a project in Renpy. After being away for 5 years, it's time to get back in the game 8)