Looking for Translators for Blooming/Flowering Nightshade

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Jackkel Dragon
Veteran
Organization: Nightshade, Team Despair
itch: jackkel-dragon

Looking for Translators for Blooming/Flowering Nightshade

#1 Post by Jackkel Dragon »

I've been considering translations for some of my projects for a while now, but I have never really felt as if I had the resources to seek professional translators. Therefore, to hopefully gauge interest in translations for my games, I figured I'd ask to see if anyone would be willing to volunteer to help with translations for the free games (Blooming Nightshade and Flowering Nightshade).

Here's some breakdowns of the work that would be involved:

Menu Translations: 50~200 words (?)
Blooming Nightshade: ~40k words, ~6k words per story
Flowering Nightshade: ~70k words, 8~9k words per story

At this point, I'd be interested in looking into most languages as potential avenues for translation. That said, there are a few specific ones that I'd be the most interested in seeing:

Japanese
Korean
Spanish
German
Chinese

I'd say the best way to get in touch for this project (at least for now) would be to respond to this thread. That way I can gauge interest in specific languages for potential translations.

As these are free games, I may also decide to package the Ren'Py translation files and make them freely available. (In theory, one could then download these files, fill in the lines, then send the package back to me to implement.) Until I make a decision on that, I'd like to see if there is enough interest before I take any bigger steps on this.
Main Website
Includes information about and links to many of my current and past projects.

Major Game Projects
[Nightshade] Eldritch Academy, Eldritch University, Blooming Nightshade, Flowering Nightshade, Life as Designed
[Team Despair] Corpse Party D2 series