[CLOSED] Storm Chaser comedy (bg artist)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Riko Ingram
Projects: Character Artist: MGLA
Discord: Riko#7077

[CLOSED] Storm Chaser comedy (bg artist)

#1 Post by Riko Ingram »

Hello! I'm Riko, a character artist looking for people interested in joining a fun project for this year's Yaoi Game Jam. As an artist I've worked on 3 games with super awesome teams already, but having been obsessed with studying tornadoes for the past months and having this idea brew up in my head, I want to try gather a team of my own to make it come to life.

This project is non-commercial, so it's all a volounteer thing. If you're interested, you can respond below or hit me up on Discord: Riko#7077

Derecho will be an action packed comedy/romance about less than more professional storm chasers. Your job as a player will be making the team survive, whether tornadoes or their own stupid ideas.

So far there's a plot outline, character personality and backstory drafts, logo and character designs (but for MC) and a couple of months worth of research on meteorology.

You're playing as a passionate weather scientist working at a univeristy and conducting a safe and stationary research on violent storms. It turns out, however, that to continue your work, you need to do a field research too. The stakes are high and deadlines short, so you have no choice, but to gather a team of whoever you can get and set off on a quest to save your work. The fun part starts when only some weirdos respond and now you need to wrangle them across the biggest storms of Tornado Alley and make them survive it. The focus of the story, beside humour and romance, would be inclusivity.

[CLOSED] A background artist
If you can draw perspective and cars, I want you. Badly ◉-◉ There are two options for cooperation:
A) You do overlays with i.e. car interior, a cafe, motel rooms, an empty road with cars parked alongside, etc. and I do whatever's behind the window/beyond the road.
B) You do everything, but that would require much more iterations, since it's a weather based story. The weather part would be changing a lot. Also, I'd like the weather to be as realistic as possible when it comes to physics behind it.

What would be needed is heavily dependant on our writer which we're hunting for right now, but what I believe could be the type and amount of backgrounds would be:
🌪️ Four car interiors: 2 different cars, each with a front and side view. You can choose the model, just probably it shouldn't be anything expensive xd
🌪️ A motel room
🌪️ A country and/or paved road with optional cars parked alongside it
🌪️ A town/gas station

[CLOSED] A GUI artist
It would be cool to have a GUI that matches the title 👀

Voice Actors
Once the story's a bit more defined and it's possible to estimate workload, I'll be posting a casting call on my Twitter, so keep watch if you're interested!

[CLOSED] A writer
If you can write a humoristic, but warm story and spice it up with some gay romance, you're my person! I have no idea what the word count would be, or how to properly estimate this thing even, but I don't think it's gonna be a super long game. I'm also enthusiastic about giving everyone a fair share of artistic freedom. Also, nothing is set in stone about the plot or characters. What I'd really like the story to be is:

🌪️Funny, and lighthearted, no real dying included. If there would be any bad ends, it would rather be due to inability to continue the research.
🌪️Fast paced, with more dialogue and less descriptions (I wanna go wild with CGs so hopefully they're gonna convey the visual aspects of scenes)
🌪️Building the sense of acceptance despite the differences and showing the value of everyone, regardless of stereotypes.

NSFW themes are a valid option, depending on what the story evolves into.

It would be perfect to have a route per love interest, but if we don't manage before the end of the jam and have just the romanceless plot with focus on friendship and/or just one romantic route, it's a win already. If you feel like you'd like to co-write it with someone/s, go on! Credit screen space is free 😁

[CLOSED] A music composer and SFX person
Can be 2 in 1, can be separate positions. We'll need a lot of wind and thunder though :v When it comes to music, it would be awesome to have 5 themes: one for each of the characters (something with a reage, pop and rock feel to it perhaps?), one general theme and something cool and epic for the badass tornado action. But I can't say for sure, as it would also depend on what the writer's gonna brew for us.

[CLOSED] A programmer
It would be awesome to have a simple minigame or two. I'm thinking about something like finding an object in a picture and perhaps a short 2D avoidance game, when you're controling a car that has to dodge debris thrown at it. The game hopefully will be voiced, so please take that into account.

So yeah, If you want to work on this project, you can respond below or hit me up on Discord: Riko#7077
Last edited by Riko Ingram on Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Solasolei
Discord: Solasolei#5190

Re: [OPEN] Storm Chaser comedy for Yaoi Game Jam

#2 Post by Solasolei »

Hello! I am very interested in working with you on this project! I love your art style and I think the idea is great! I would like to be a writer on your team. I lack experience but I feel confident in my ability to write dialogue in the way you requested! I sent a friend request on Discord. Solasolei#5190