[OPEN] [FREE] Looking for Visual Artists for Characters/BG/CG

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Carter

[OPEN] [FREE] Looking for Visual Artists for Characters/BG/CG

#1 Post by Carter »

Hello!

As the title suggests, I am looking for anyone who is interested in creating Character sprites, Backgrounds, or CG scenes for my game. The game in question is free, and it is a passion project of mine, so I can't pay you.

The project in question is a modern reimagining of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Because this is a fairly large project made with no money, I've decided to structure it a bit differently. I'm looking for multiple artists with a variety of unique art styles. There is no schedule to follow, meaning that anyone who is willing to join is free to create art assets at their own pace, do as much or as little work as they wish, and come and go as they please with absolute freedom. Ideally, I want artists who are looking to experiment with different styles or improve their own style.

The one restriction I'll place on this is Character sprites: each character must have at least 4 sprites indicating significant changes in emotion [eg: happy, sad, angry, scared] and maintain a somewhat consistent style.

All artists will be credited in the game's description and in game About page, as well as an end credits scroll where you are free to include your own personalized signature.

If you are interested, please message me and I will give you further details. I am also frequently on the RenPy discord server as Carter Vandenberg#7483 if you'd prefer contacting me that way.

I look forward to working with you very talented and creative individuals.