Looking for Translators for Japanese Game Engine Documentation [and forming group and eventually some FanTL]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
tungstenboy
Completed: 0
Projects: planning on
Github: a-rabin
itch: akarabinstudio
Discord: akarabinstudio

Looking for Translators for Japanese Game Engine Documentation [and forming group and eventually some FanTL]

#1 Post by tungstenboy »

Hello everyone! How are you all doing today?
This is a recruitment post for a project that is unlike anything you've seen before.
You've read it right, this is documentation translation, not a fan translation of a visual novel (though it kind of is if you're a "fan" of a game engine).

My skills:
I'm a fluent English speaker, and have a fairly good understanding of Programming and it's concepts.

Now, I have been reading Japanese visual novels (all localized by NekoNyan) for almost two years now (with some interruptions in between), and I have seen that their VN engines are very fascinating, Compared to Ren'Py (or should I say, an overweight-walrus-that-reacts-to-anything-after-10 minutes-kinda-program), these run better and more efficiently, that I wanted to find out more about them, and perhaps create my own games out of them! (oh, by the way, I am a bit experienced in Programming.)
So that I've recently started to research and look into them, only to realize that most of them have no English documentation and others are proprietary :( , so I decided to undertake the monotonous task of very carefully using MTL to localize the Documentations to English (I started with KrKrZ), until I got tired and demotivated weeks after. Since then I have realized that I can't do this alone. I will need the help of other people to complete this exciting project and hopefully, create a game with it!

KrKrZ manuals can be found on Github as webpages, and can be translated by editing the HTML. After translating, I plan to open source it for anyone to make a game as well.
I would also like to create my own TL Group and even do FanTL for Visual Novels on the more non-romcom heavy-story, lore-based games as well eventually, but we'll see!
So if you're a tech geek like me interested in Japanese VN engines and you know Japanese (also some programmng knowledge is required as well), then feel free to hit the comments below and let me know!

Thanks for reading!