X-NOTE

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
applegirl
Veteran

Re: X-NOTE

#61 Post by applegirl »

I know this is an old thread, but I just updated my old version of this game to the 2.0 version of X-note :)

The cover was very pretty (so shiny ^-^) and I can't imagine how much hard work it took to code a new save/load system. I was laughing hysterically at the new extras you added in the gallery.

Truly amazing work Zeiva. I enjoyed replaying this very much and I cannot wait until Area-X and Dragon Essence is released.

StarryRainBreeze
Regular

#62 Post by StarryRainBreeze »

applegirl wrote:I know this is an old thread, but I just updated my old version of this game to the 2.0 version of X-note :)

The cover was very pretty (so shiny ^-^) and I can't imagine how much hard work it took to code a new save/load system. I was laughing hysterically at the new extras you added in the gallery.

Truly amazing work Zeiva. I enjoyed replaying this very much and I cannot wait until Area-X and Dragon Essence is released.
agreed, also her art is getting better than before (her art was gorgeous before too *Q*)

Mirage
Veteran

#63 Post by Mirage »

I am glad you like it ^o^

And yes, Save/Load has taken away my sanity. (Not that I'm sane to begin with)

StarryRainBreeze
Regular

#64 Post by StarryRainBreeze »

Mirage wrote:I am glad you like it ^o^

And yes, Save/Load has taken away my sanity. (Not that I'm sane to begin with)
You put the whole game in flash ;v; that must have been a lot of work, since flash is so complicated it makes me head desk everytime i try to learn it ;n; and you even added the save load feature ;A; you are awesome ;v;

thisisausername
Regular

#65 Post by thisisausername »

hey i just finished playing x-note and i just loveeee oure!!!
his past was really sweet and i was kinda sad when he disappeared :/ its funny how oures suppose to be older than yuon but hes a lot smaller than him!! how cute <3
yuon was kinda boring tho...i guess its cuz hes too anti-social...? and anon
OMG HE WAS X??!! at first i thought for sure the x was yuon cuz they kinda look alike and they are both not so talkative...that really surprised me. i thought anon was just a random side character but it turned out he was more than that!! its too bad he couldnt remember oure D: they were so close when they were young...and i really wanna punch loil for making anon suffer so much omg D: poor anon.
one thing tho, is essi's hair black?? is it just me or it looks like green? o.O

Mirage
Veteran

#66 Post by Mirage »

@thisisausername
Well, just to clarify stuff about Oure, since I'm honestly perplexed by people reaction of his best ending. Oure's disappearance in the best ending is actually a good thing. If he keeps astral projecting himself, he will never wake up! And since he is filled with hope of meeting Essi again as he promised her at the end of the game, it means it's a very hopeful ending! He's no longer running away and he's fighting so one day he will wake up again, and Essi believes in Oure that he can do it. I know many people wanted me to make Oure wake up immediately, but I think that's putting too much sugar on an already hopeful ending. I'm not a fan of a forced happy ending.

Besides the ending leaves room open for sequel 8)
Essi's hair is black. The colors are something Nitarou (the colorist) added by herself and I approved it because it looks good.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#67 Post by noeinan »

Okay, so my partner got this for me on steam and I was enjoying it. I started out trying Yuon's path, and accidentally got onto the Anon-Yuon path, making it impossible for me to get a good ending. Looked at the guides, found my mistake, and started the whole game over from scratch (because there weren't enough saves to go back far enough.)

I played again, followed everything on the guides here and here:
http://zeiva.net/otome/x_note_guide.html
http://zeiva.net/otome/x_note_guide_yuon.html

I've even been writing down all the passwords that come up during chapter changes just in case. But I got Yuon's bad ending anyway. What am I doing wrong? Is there something missing from the guide?

I picked to ask Oure to help me, even though he knows nothing about computers, which should get me onto the Yuon-Oure path. I talked to Oure a lot and didn't talk with Anon. I had Clairvoyance maxed out, and even had Psychokinesis maxed out as well by the end. But I still ended up with the bad ending. There is no built in skip button, and replaying so many times is driving me insane. Any help is appreciated.

Roxie
Regular
Projects: Assess K, Mizuchi
Organization: Aikasa Collective, Altabe Studio
itch: aikasacolle

#68 Post by Roxie »

It's been a while since I played Xnote since beta testing version 2. I do remember using the guide before and never had problems. Did you follow the guide word for word in order? Did you do telepathy with level 6 minimum before day 26? And to fast forward, hold the down arrow. I will agree there is no flexibility in getting the stats to match exactly so you can't fail once (aka save before each training). Good luck.
ImageImage
Assess K (VN Adventure Game) LSF Thread | Mizuchi (GxG VN) LSF Thread | Honest Critique
[Proofreader, Beta-Tester]
Razz Art Visual - Starlight Vega [Co-writer]
Roseverte - Cafe-0, Duplicity, East Tower, How to Take Off Your Mask; Bakufu - Love Sniper
Zeiva Inc. - Train of Afterlife, OASE, X-Note, Area-X, Voices from the Sea, Natural - Beyond Nature, Dragon Essence, Anicon - Cat

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran

#69 Post by noeinan »

Yeah, I did save before every training, and never failed one as a result. I did have all the correct stats, and followed the guide word for word, in order. It just didn't trigger... Also, I was holding down the arrow to skip, but I had to be careful because I found out that if I tried to skip sequences (such as the title video or the "Day X" screen) then it would skip entire parts of the story including trainings.

Also, since it doesn't keep track of what you have and have not seen before, I kept accidentally skipping new content when I made different choices. ><

Roxie
Regular

#70 Post by Roxie »

Uh I'm not aware that you can actually skip choices you made by holding the down key. I confirmed with the creator as well. Last question, on day 26 does it give you the option to meet someone else? Btw the stats should be made before day 26 not on day 26 just to confirm. Cause if you don't see it by then, no matter what you do after, you will get the bad ending.

Also if you are trying to make new different choices, why would you be skipping new dialogue intentionally? The choices tend to be independent of each other so new dialogue is immediate.
ImageImage
Assess K (VN Adventure Game) LSF Thread | Mizuchi (GxG VN) LSF Thread | Honest Critique
Roseverte - Cafe-0, Duplicity, East Tower, How to Take Off Your Mask; Bakufu - Love Sniper
Zeiva Inc. - Train of Afterlife, OASE, X-Note, Area-X, Voices from the Sea, Natural - Beyond Nature, Dragon Essence, Anicon - Cat

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran

#71 Post by noeinan »

The down key doesn't work to skip the intro video or past the "Day X" time, so I was trying to use the enter key for those, and then using the down key to skip dialogue. (But I ended up just sitting through the video and sequences because pressing enter would skip me ahead in time, and skip things like training. Dunno why, probably a bug.)

Definitely got full stats before day 26-- I never failed a training, I would do 4 in each, then immediately train Clairvoyance until it was full. Even though I got it done early, I wouldn't see the option to meet someone else-- it would just start the Yuon Bad End.

And I was mostly doing the same choices, but once or twice did something different (like talk to Yuon when previously I talked to the teacher) and because I was skipping everything else I accidentally skipped new stuff. >< It was more or less that I just got used to pressing the skip button, and didn't realize I made a new choice until I had already skipped half of it. (I was all "oh crud, I haven't seen this before! What happened?)

Roxie
Regular

#72 Post by Roxie »

Okay.... well I played though the steam version just now to see if there were issues. I've also pressed enter a number of times and have never skipped a training session due to it. There hasn't been any report of bugs besides save/load.

I don't understand why you would be making different choices if you're trying to follow the guide exactly. It also says on the guide that the other two traits besides Clairvoyance should be level 6, not 4 o_O Well anyway, assuming you've seen everything up to this point, I'd recommend just starting at Chapter 5, with the password Escalate. That should give you the minimum level 6 and full Clairvoyance. It should be failproof at this point if you follow the rest of the guide.
ImageImage

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran

#73 Post by noeinan »

The choices were different because the first time I didn't use the guide, or during choices that didn't matter. When I'm pressing enter during the black screened day change, it is skipping me ahead by more than one day sometimes. I will write a bug report.

My first playthrough I had both "secondary skills" trained to six, but I'm not sure I did that for the second try (at least not by day 26...) I must have missed that in the guide. I'll try that and see how it works.

[Edit] Hmm, nope that didn't work. I think I did have both at six before that day when I played as well. I'm just going to uninstall and reinstall to see if that works.

Dao_thao

#74 Post by Dao_thao »

Does anyone know which engine Zeiva used to make X note game? I'm really interested in how to make password for each chapters like that!