X-NOTE

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
SyphyChan
Veteran
Projects: Syphethia's Discoveries

X-NOTE

#1 Post by SyphyChan »

Hey everyone. Well you know that new visual novel x-note. yea well it's super fun but driving me crazy. Im on anons path and I cant figure out the code when you go into the lab please help. also if anyone knows of a walkthrough for this please tell me THANKS!

NatsukiDeath
Veteran
Completed: Life's....Complex
Projects: "Another Way VN" , "Phantom of the Opera VN" , "LoveChub?!"

Re: X-NOTE

#2 Post by NatsukiDeath »

do you mean the shards? or maybe you're futher than I got ( i'm stuck still)

Mirage
Veteran

#3 Post by Mirage »

The password is only told in Yuon's path.

As for the memory fragments:
Conversation with Loil is the wrong one.

SyphyChan
Veteran
Projects: Syphethia's Discoveries

#4 Post by SyphyChan »

Mirage wrote:The password is only told in Yuon's path.

As for the memory fragments:
Conversation with Loil is the wrong one.
Oooooh thanks so much. Well I wasted an hour of my life for nothin lol. And the shards are pretty easy wen u get the hang of it. U have to see the shards in a certain order. All 4 of them. If u can't figure out the order tell me and I'll help

Mirage
Veteran

#5 Post by Mirage »

Actually, you don't have to see the fragments in the correct order. Only the last one need to be seen last. The rest can be seen randomly.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#6 Post by Coren »

One thing that irked me when I was playing the demo - Essi said that her skills allows her to bend a spoon at the very most, so she was shocked when somebody could kill a human being.

Thing is - if you have enough mental strength to bend metal without touching it, it'll be more than enough to kill a human being. So why's Essi so shocked about it?

Mirage
Veteran

#7 Post by Mirage »

lol, Psychic is fantasy after all, you are asking a weird question.

But, since you asked seriously, I will answer you seriously---actually I don't believe that if you could bend a spoon, you could kill people. They are a completely different level of psychic ability. Bending spoon is one of the most basic psychokinesis ability. You can actually bend spoon with your hand. You don't really need that much force to bend one!

Think of it like this, if you get hit by a spoon, at most you bleed, you aren't going to die, are you? Of course, if Essi could actually bend a metal bat, that's a completely different story. lol~

But you know, like I said, Psychic is fantasy. Maybe in your world, someone who can bend spoon can kill. Not in my story though. lol~

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#8 Post by LVUER »

You don't need psychic power to bend spoon (without touching them). A "magician" in my country said that what you need is the power of concentration (human mind). Do you know "Dede Kobuche"? I think he's quite famous abroad too.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

#9 Post by Coren »

What I meant is that even physically, the strength used to bend a spoon (made of metal) will definitely be powerful enough to snap a person's skull, artery, or impale his heart. Metal is much stronger than any bone in the human body.

I can bend a spoon with my hand, yes. So can I break a person's artery with my bare hands. The latter would be more morbid, yes, but it is easier.

Mirage
Veteran

#10 Post by Mirage »

Um, you do know that the hardness of metal depends of the metal's purity, right? Pure metal is actually quite soft, easy to bend. For example, you can bite pure gold with your teeth. You are underestimating human's toughness here. :lol:

The power of bending spoon is more equivalent to a light punch in my story. And you can't kill people using light punches.

And why are we still debating of pseudo science here? Both of us can argues theories, but in practice neither your claim nor my claim can be proven. Unless you're secretly a psychic. :lol:

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#11 Post by Coren »

Alright, finally got around to playing it - Yuon's and Anon's paths, to be exact. I'm pleased.
Anon's easily my favourite. The story is quite engaging, and though I am hardly a romance fan the characters were interesting, and the premise was good too. Though the villain (Loil) screams more comic relief to me than anything else though (pink from head to toe, has a name that is "Loli" scrambled, and goes "omg my pretty face" and retreats at random moments), but I guess he isn't the main conflict in the story after all - the main thing that stands for Essi to resolve are the problems with the guys.

Also, you might want to take note of the spelling and grammar errors :) ("Evidences", prepositions, etc.) It shouldn't be too hard to get a proofreader who is willing to work for free. I won't mind helping, and since I have beta tested quite a lot of games before you know I'm not one to run off halfway.

And yes, don't get me started on the art --- It's so AWESOME. It's. So. Pretty. *_* *collapses* Not that many music tracks, but they fit well, so kudos for that too! :)

I can't help but feel that Anon's resolution is a bit too rushed, to me at least. From Chapter 5, it appears that all along his nice-guy-perverted personality was just a facade (of course, it could be part and parcel of his personality as well, but at least to me it seems that it's all just a false act). So it feels strange when he suddenly reverted back to his ^_^ self after they fell down from the roof. Also, I'm surprised he didn't receive any permanent damage from that mental torture as a kid (memory loss doesn't count). Though, he's still my favourite character! I like easygoing people (who pretend to be crazy/conspiracist/perverted to lighten the mood *cough*UshiromiyaBattler*cough*), and being X just adds to the favourite points. :D

Btw, because it wasn't specified on the walkthrough, I replayed chapter 4 just to see what will happen in Anon's path if I choose not to read his mind. I wanted to see how she can possibly deduce that he's X under those circumstances, but Essi just ended up getting locked in a basement. XD By who? Loil?
On the play Oure's path!

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by OtomeWeekend »

got it today, but i strangely needed a lol when i saw the "doors 8" OS xD
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Mirage
Veteran

#13 Post by Mirage »

I actually did ask for proofreaders to help me, but after asking for 30 or so people, and majority didn't actually do it. I'm tired of waiting and asking, so I released it as it is. Well, that's volunteer for you. ^^; It's really hard to find dedicated proofreaders >__<'''

For Loil:
He is! XD I created him with a joker role in mind. Crazy, twisted, scary, but funny...like a clown. While he isn't the main conflict, he's the source for most of them.
For Anon's ending:
I wrote a little bit of this in the gallery section, but I supposed I can extend it here. Anon is a personification of someone with no personality/identity, or at least he believed that much. He basically wears personality like wearing clothes. Any personality you saw in the game, be it playful trickster or emotionless/uncaring are all personalities that he borrows. He can easily wear and discharge them as he pleased.

By the end of story, he basically realized that it doesn't matter what identity/personality he wore, Essi needed him, and what the most important is---he needed her. There are multiple reasons as to why he returned to wearing the playful trickster persona back at the end. First, he believes it was the personality that made him get close to Essi in the first place and the personality Essi most used to. The other reason is he has been using this personality for so long that he stuck with it.

In any case, there's more to his past told in Oure's path. And you can kinda tell what kind of damage Scid did to this boy mentality. Anon original personality is something else. The current Anon was born thanks to Scid's experiment.

Whew, that was a lot harder to explain than I thought ^^;;;
For ending 7:
Yup, locked by Loil. This is hinted in the internet conversation earlier on.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#14 Post by Coren »

Ah, I see. Btw, you can expect some fanart from me sometime in the near future. XD Also, I won't mind proofreading for your next game, if it's alright. And no, I won't run off halfway. It is a responsibility after all - someone put their trust in you to quality-check their work.
Btw, any explanations for Anon's hair color? Did he dye it, or did it end up getting bleached because the river he jumped into was chlorinated or something? :D

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#15 Post by Coren »

Finished Oure's path. I have a question:
I still don't understand why if you're on Yuon-Oure's path, Anon disappears, while if you're on Yuon-Anon's path, Oure disappears. Why is it so, or is it just there to restrict you from getting onto another path?

Also... I really wanted a reunion scene between Oure and Anon... But I guess that can't be helped. Anon can't even remember him. D: