Has anyone played a Flood of Tears yet?

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
teankun
Regular

#16 Post by teankun »

Okay, here is my take.

I generally did like it, but it did have some flaws. Sometimes things were hard to follow particluarly the Umi ending did not seem to clear on what happened.

The character designs were really nice, even the mom looked hot but not as hot as Umi in leather. The cream of the crop was Umi in her resturant uniform. Although, it would have been nice to have more expression changes, such as Umi's smile and maybe also her toting a gun.

BTW, when you think about it, was there actually a "good end"?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#17 Post by mikey »

teankun wrote:BTW, when you think about it, was there actually a "good end"?
Hmmm, not really. It's always this bittersweet aftertaste, in all the works that insani pick to translate.

My opinion of a game changes, and in retrospect, the time spent with FoT was nice, even if I said before that the creators probably didn't have my picture on their desks while making it. A big plus for me was that it was a game. We'll just have to see what comes next. The 24 alltogether entries are such a huge number, we'll be playing until Christmas :P .

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#18 Post by Taleweaver »

While the twin plots of Flood of Tears are rather intricate, I didn't quite like the... rather random supernatural elements. Some served the humor and made FoT appear, at times, like some screwball comedy (suspicious restaurants, anyone?), but then there were the other things, like the secret about the Umi ending, and how it came to be, and
the fact that "people die after recovering memories that have been forcibly removed". I mean, I've never heard that psychiatrists had a lot of patients dying on them...
All in all, a mixed blessing; there are definitely better games out there.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira