Graduation

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

Graduation

#1 Post by ririruetoo »

This is a life sim that was released in the 90's. I bought it today because it was ridicously cheap *$1.99+8.00 shipping=MINE!*
So I was just wondering what peoples comments on the game are,there has to be people who've played this game....Right?
Last edited by ririruetoo on Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Graduation

#2 Post by LVUER »

I know that game (Graduation) and play it a bit. Is it for Saturn? Anyway, I don't understand Japanese and $8.00 shipping fee is a big turn off for me (especially when the actual thing cost less than the shipping fee). Besides, I don't know how custom works in my country (and will never know since there is never clear law about it anyway), so importing a game is a bit...

More importantly, the image you post isn't showing up.
I really hate how they make the story continue in Graduation 2.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#3 Post by Blue Lemma »

There's a sequel?

A while back I found a copy of "Graduation Vacation" (Japanese, PSX) at the local game store... Makes me wish I studied my Japanese more! I think it's about a guy (player) who goes on a vacation to some beach place with the Graduation girls. How charmingly cliche ;)
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by ririruetoo »

LVUER

It's in English! XD

@Blue Lemma

Thank you for replying to my post! It's a honor to 'meet' you? I'm googling Graduation Vacation right now....Couldn't find anything, first that popped up was Da Cappo and School Days *shudder*
ImageImageImage

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#5 Post by papillon »

I think there are actualy completely different games referred to by the title...

Anyway, I played the english PC graduation game, but the AWFUL english voice acting really put me off. You could disable it, but then you'd end up missing information because there wasn't any subtitling on the results screens. Also, the wacky English voice acting made the Japanese cultural differences more confusingly glaring. (It's apparently INCREDIBLY SHAMEFUL to have an afterschool job?) I played it a couple times, got sick of it, and gave it away.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by ririruetoo »

@papillon

I heard that too, but I think it will be a fun game to play anyway. I LOVE life-sims, so this will be the first one I've bought. I'm looking forward to it. (^_^)
ImageImageImage

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by gekiganwing »

This series is known in Japanese as "Sotsugyou." It had three entries during the 90s, but only one more game, called Sotsugyou ~Next Graduation~ has been made in the last decade.

Only the second game (Sotsugyou 2 ~Neo Generation~) has been localized. It was sold by Mixx/Tokyopop for just a year or two, though you can find some very cheap copies on sites such as Rightstuf. It was designed for Windows 95, so unless you have an older computer, don't be surprised if there's some compatibility problems...

Animetric reviewed the localized version a while back: http://www.animetric.com/Review/Bishouj ... ?counter=1 Just keep in mind that quite a bit of this site is NSFW!

Some years ago, Hanako Games sold a game called Classroom Chaos. From what I recall, it seemed fairly similar to the Graduation series. I don't know if it's being sold anywhere any more.
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#8 Post by papillon »

It was inspired by it, but it was quite different. If there had been more interest in the idea it might have developed into something more along the lines of Graduation in future editions, but really the idea didn't have enough staying power.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#9 Post by Blue Lemma »

This is the game I was referring to:

http://www.usagi.org/doi/s-v/index.html
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by ririruetoo »

@Blue Lemma

I see...Hmm...Well it looks cute! ^_^
ImageImageImage

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#11 Post by kara24601 »

I have it, I've played it but don't remember much about it. Yeah, I got the nice very cheap one. If I remember correctly it's like BAAAD but "Bad in a good way".
Like if you're a B Movie lover you can't help but love Graduation. It haz that kind of cheesy goodness...where you'll be playing it and be all "omg these people are so freaking stupid!" but laughing and enjoying yourself anyway.

I unfortunately don't have Sotsugyou Vacation or other Graduation related stuff. I think there's a "Graduation" anime series too (or at least one or two "Graduation" related movies....that if I remember correctly are nothing like the game I have yet share the title or claim to be part of the Graduation series...weird)

Stargirl18
Regular

#12 Post by Stargirl18 »

Hello I really whant to try this game. Do you know where i can download this game?

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#13 Post by papillon »

It's not a downloadable game. You buy it. It's very cheap. They send it to you on CD.

While I suspect that means you aren't interested anymore, the game can be found here:

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalo ... 5400/4/0/0

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#14 Post by LVUER »

The game itself is pretty cheap, but the shipping fee is expensive (costs more or even doubles than the game itself)... not to mention the import taxes (T__T)
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#15 Post by kara24601 »

I guess it depends on where you live but I could be wrong. I don't remember having to pay any import taxes or shipping or maybe it was that shipping / taxes weren't *that* or really expensive but again I could be wrong and only wishful thinking for myself that it wasn't that pricey. I would be surprised though because me and my dad argue a lot over things sometimes , he doesn't like having to buy things off the internet and worries about shipping and taxes more than I do but I can't buy things online without his help since I don't have a paypal account or credit cards.....