Shikkoku no Sharnoth -What a Beautiful Tomorrow- Patched

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

Shikkoku no Sharnoth -What a Beautiful Tomorrow- Patched

#1 Post by Blane Doyle »

I wouldn't have known about this had I not been looking around on VNDB and happened across the Steampunk tag. Apparently this patch was released last night!

I've actually played the game that came before this and enjoyed it a lot, is anyone else looking forward to playing this one?

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Shikkoku no Sharnoth -What a Beautiful Tomorrow- Patched

#2 Post by DaFool »

Thanks for the heads-up! If there was any recent JVN that I was actually looking forward to the possibility to play in English, it would be this. Steampunk ftw!

Celestie
Veteran

#3 Post by Celestie »

It threw me off when I saw the OP's subtitles. I REALLY should properly learn my parents' tongue xDDD The music is beautiful, though, and I erally gotat fidn out more about this game. thanks for anouncing this *A*
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

#4 Post by icebluehost »

Steampunk Sherlock Holmes is love!! *is foaming at the mouth* I saw this game before and the only reason I didn't play it back then was because my knowledge of japanese was next-to-nothing and I didn't want to play something I didn't understand. Now that my jap is a lot better, I would probably play this game even if I don't understand it 100%. But since you mentioned that there's a finished patch for it then I'll play that instead so I can enjoy it to the fullest!! XD XD

Thank you so much for this wonderful piece of news!! *hugs*

Stargirl18
Regular

#5 Post by Stargirl18 »

Does somewbody know how to install this game :?: From Stargirl18

Celestie
Veteran

#6 Post by Celestie »

[deleted by admin - no unauthorized software tips/DMCA-ish stuff, please! ]

Hm, sorry about that, nevermind then 8D
Last edited by Celestie on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Meatpie
Regular
Projects: Dr. Book's Book Store ~ Episode 1 ~ Enigmatic Mind

#7 Post by Meatpie »

I loved Seiken no Inganock (Until it threw the sex scenes at me, they kind of broke the mood for me), this is a pleasant surprise I didn't even know about this.
That art-style is awesome, will have to give it a go for sure.

Damn, this really isn't going to help get my project finished. I've got a ton of VN's to finish, in between Tsukihime, Muvluv a whole bunch of others and now this.

Skyrius

#8 Post by Skyrius »

I. Loved. This. Game.

Like seriously. There are no words to describe how much I love the this series. Beautiful Tomorrow and People are probably my favorites out of all of them, but I think all the games in general are wonderful. They really stand out because of the art and settings. And the story is actually quite well done and doesn't pitter out half way (*stares at Key Visual games*). I think most of this is nostalgia speaking, but I was seriously obsessed with it XD Luckily that's died down a bit before school started.

Celestie
Veteran

#9 Post by Celestie »

You know, I love this game, too, but I stopped playing it for a long while now...well several weeks or so. You need all your mind and logical thinking to make some sense of it in the middle of the game. I really love teh challenge of such games, even if I usually get headaches from speculating or trying to understand xD Still, the characters are beautiful~

I gotta pick that up again when I feel likr my mind can be attacked by something cmplicated again ~ (I however forever fail at the second part of the minigame. I really do...didn't manage to lure any monsters into those seals after the first round...and I want the extras unlocked...!)

Keilis
Regular

#10 Post by Keilis »

Such beautiful character designs. T_T I finished this a while back and LOVED it... except for the ending, which was sort of vague. It got pretty repetitive (it loves to copy and paste old text) and the mini-game was too time-consuming for me (so I used a save I found online to skip them), but I loved the story. AND THE ART!!!

Some of those male characters were to die for.

icebluehost
Regular

#11 Post by icebluehost »

Yes, M is very delicious...*starts drooling* And Moran kicks ass XD I felt sad when it was her 'story' being told and all. And I agree that I didn't really like the mini-game though I did manage to lure monsters in every level except the last two. The last stage was really hard and I didn't want to repeat it anymore so I just ran straight for the target position. LOL

Keilis
Regular

#12 Post by Keilis »

I hope someone's patching What a Beautiful Memories. The conductor guy looks even better than M. And yes, Moran was awesome. Reminded me of... Saber from Fate/Stay Night, a little, except without the silliness.

I did the mini-game for like... two or three levels, then I was like, "Screw this. I want to know what happens next." e_e

icebluehost
Regular

#13 Post by icebluehost »

Keilis wrote:And yes, Moran was awesome. Reminded me of... Saber from Fate/Stay Night, a little, except without the silliness.
Now that you mention it...OMG YES! THE RESEMBLANCE!! WHY DIDN'T I SEE IT BEFORE??? :lol:

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#14 Post by ShadowBerry »

Wow this is totally awesome!!
I want to play it - now! xD
Own project: