White Heaven HD (iOS visual novel)

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

White Heaven HD (iOS visual novel)

#1 Post by gekiganwing »

Searched iTunes today for 'visual novel' and found White Heaven HD, which appears to be a horror story. It appears to be compatible with both most if not all iOS devices. It was made by a company called April Data Designs (http://www.aprildd.co.jp ), which has only one other product in English - a moe card game called "Old? Maid!"

The game's plot is described at http://www.zoomappy.com/apps/white-heav ... 468064729/ After reading the Engrish description, I don't feel motivated to spend $30 US. Maybe if the game were slice of life or comedy, I could forgive a bad translation. But since this sounds like a plot-driven story, I will probably wait to see if it gets updated.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

Re: White Heaven HD (iOS visual novel)

#2 Post by Mink »

Whoa, $30? Kira*Kira is like $5, Higurashi is something like $8, and I think Road to Emerald is, what, $10? That pricing seems really harsh. (Even the bullet hell game Deathsmiles is only ~$12.)

While generally I can let...questionable English slide if it's understandable/a decent price, I won't for that much money. :/ It's a shame, because it seems really interesting, too.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#3 Post by SilverxBlue »

Holy mother of Sh--!
I tend to forgive Engrish VNs on iPhone quite easily... But this... This is plain and utter bullcrap. It's waaaaay more expensive than professionally-made games like Phoenix Wright ($5) and a *very* lengthy, voiced RPG game by Square Enix called Chaos Rings. ($13)
Mink wrote:Whoa, $30? Kira*Kira is like $5, Higurashi is something like $8, and I think Road to Emerald is, what, $10? That pricing seems really harsh. (Even the bullet hell game Deathsmiles is only ~$12.)
Road to Emerald is only $2 by the way and Higurashi is only $7 per episode, and both of their English are not as "Engrishy" as this one.
Okay, maybe Road to Emerald is almost as questionable, but it's clearly more understandable. I think.

The story really interests me though, so I hope they could tone the pricing down a bit. ^_^;;
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG

#4 Post by Mink »

Eh, I was close with most of those prices. >x>

Anyway, yeah, it DOES look interesting. But for $30 and no lite/demo version? Ehhh...

*Website, yo*

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Riviera »

Yeah, I think the lack of demo is what killed it for me, too.

The engrish may not be as bad in the game itself, but there's no real way to know without buying the game and I'm not willing to put down $30 on a maybe.

VNs seem to be trending this way on the iOS, though... at least some of them.

Some of Solmare's games (if you actually buy all the bonus packs) run to about $20ish dollars. There was another company with a very good looking japanese otome game that was also priced at about $25, but that one actually had ten routes in it, so it seemed more justified.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

ShirakiHime
Regular
Projects: Mermaid Revelation (GxB otome)

#6 Post by ShirakiHime »

omg seems so interesting...too bad i cant buy it ;__;

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Mink »

@Riviera: Well, from one of the screenshots it looks like it's not incomprehensible, but for $30 and no demo? I expect waaay more quality. In fact, I would read over that and fix it FOR FREE because it does look really interesting and I *WANT* to play it. :C

Similarly, I heard someone had volunteered to do that for Twilight Cherry. Which is good for it, because the sometimes wonky English can be distracting from an otherwise pretty good story. >x>

*Website, yo*