Hatoful Boyfriend

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

Re: Hatoful Boyfriend

#16 Post by Cidz »

OMG i just now played this in fact i was gonna make a thread if no one else did. this game is hallerious XD
but i gotta admit thier human counterparts arent half bad looking >_>
thats it next otome game im making is gonna be about a girl who falls in love with food <_<
lol i got the bad end and got killed by some secret govt birds or something cuz i didnt fall in love with any of the birds >_> XD

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#17 Post by teacup »

Celestie wrote:And I am looking forward to the drama CDs with awesome seiyuu selection (like you can see when the characters are introduced in the game).
I'm actually kind of shocked they're making a drama CD with those actual seiyuu...
If this game was actually made as a joke, I bet the creator is shocked over how popular it's become. XD

I'm probably gonna change my avatar to reflect my love for Nageki.
I-I didn't expect to cry in his path... >A>;;

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by HigurashiKira »

teacup wrote:I-I didn't expect to cry in his path... >A>;;
I wasn't surpised by his ending much; I mean, he's a mourning dove, and "Nageki" does mean "Grief/Lament" though it was still sad.
I really liked Shu's end
NICE BOAT NURSE
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Sumoslap
Regular

#19 Post by Sumoslap »

Epic Hatoful Boyfriend thread is epic.

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk ... hp?t=67529

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#20 Post by Anna »

I actually found it quite weak. There are a few puns with the word bird (everybirdie and such) and you see the portraits, but aside from that it doesn't really joke around to its full potential - it's just not funny :p. I'm also wondering whether these are normal birds or human sized freaks of nature, since the school and everything is human-sized.

Anyway, it's kind of a weak dating sim game too - not much interaction, music I recognised from free sources, annoyingly typical setting and activities if you ignore the bird thing (sports festival, high school setting, club crap) etc. I'll try to get one ending at least, but I doubt it's my kind of game.

edit: I only like it for allowing the creation of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJci90y3WNQ which is more awesome than the actual game.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#21 Post by gekiganwing »

Amazingly enough, it got mentioned on the Indie Games blog at http://indiegames.com/2011/12/freeware_ ... l_boy.html
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

#22 Post by Omnificent »

Well yeah, the thing that makes this game hilarious is how it makes all the typical Japanese high school game situations/characters look completely absurd by enacting them with birds. :P All they need is one of those accidental-fall-on-top-of things and it would be golden ("Oh no I accidentally crushed my best friend under my human weight! D:")
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#23 Post by OtomeWeekend »

god! I thought the voice actors were real but then i scrolled down and saw "The casts are just for april fools and not really in the game"

....If they'd really make a Drama CD though, I guess they should not use "bad" jokes and seriously tell us who. xD

...ahem, i gotta download this. *clicks the link*

EDit:
Oh my god, so they really have a drama CD?! I just browsed my b's log issue and set an eye to a small article... head explodes.lol it was incredibly popular o_o

I.Really.Got.To.Play.This.Thing.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Cidz
Veteran

#24 Post by Cidz »

i was suprised to hear that they were actually voiced too O_O not only that but by some very famous VAs i mean omg norio wakamoto voices okosan O____O i thought san was the best bird EVER but after hearing that OMG O__O

also anyone play a new game after they played the doctors route? i think theres going to be a sequel or something to this game. after i played the docs route i started a new game because my friend told me that she got some wierd route when she started something new and it was after playing the docs route. anyways i gave it a try and i wont say much except i know its a cont. from the docs route >_> and at the end it mentions something about "Bad Boys Love"? like a new game that answers some questions prosed in this game. it also said that theyll release the full version free soon!

that would be sooooooo awesome i heard the full version has the voiced and an extra character!

Celestie
Veteran

#25 Post by Celestie »

Haven't played the doctor's path yet. Or the one Yusa will voice. or Nageki's. I found teh chioldhood friend's ending quite cute. Really, I don't fidn it TAHT awesome BUT IT'S SO CUTE AND HILARIOUS xDDDD

Also, the full game might be fantranslated, too. Since what everyone probably is playing is the free short version. There is that full long version that has longer gameplay, more explanation and characterization and stuff. So. I'd really look forward to this 8D Since the game is full with puns and difficult expressions, there is no way I can erad it with my lack of kanji knowledge and stuff. Hahaha....but it'll really be a challenge to translators, too.
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Aurehan
Regular

#26 Post by Aurehan »

Truthfully speaking, I was kind of creeped out when I saw that the love interests were birds, but I decided to play it anyway because of some of the screenshots..
And ohmaygahhd I got killed on the Doctor's path the first time through QnQ So scary.. But I couldn't stop playing lol this game is just so cuuuutee and I loved San's "human" picture xD
I can't. Believe they're making a drama CD of this xD I kind of can't wait to see it! >u<

xSamChan
Regular

#27 Post by xSamChan »

I think I was murdered at the end.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by HigurashiKira »

xSamChan wrote:I think I was murdered at the end.
You got the doctor's "good" end
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#29 Post by kara24601 »

Help! How to get patch? I can't get ye English patch.

:-(

Thanks for any help.

Ok, I got the english patch and I put it in the game's folder but the game still won't play properly....I can't understand why not because of some untranslated Japanese text. I read somewhere else complaining about having the same problem and a missing wave file was mentioned but I don't understand why there'd be a missing wave file...or how to get the wave file....

Please share what exactly is needed in order to play the game. From any needed "plug in" dll files and of course what besides the game and the english patch is needed.

Thank you.

Only 7 bucks? Wow, nice. I may get the full version after all. :lol:
Last edited by kara24601 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cidz
Veteran

#30 Post by Cidz »

unzip the game file and unzip the english patch.
take the contents of the english patch and copy/paste (or drag/drop) into the game folder.
and if asked you want to replace the files.
that should do the trick, very simple.

oh and if anyone's intersted, it seems the full version got an english translation (source: http://moa810.tumblr.com/)
hasn't been announced yet, when and where to buy, but hopefully soon! I can't wait <3