Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward [999 Sequel!]

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Arcanum
Veteran

Re: Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die [999 Sequel!]

#16 Post by Arcanum »

Oh, put a knife through my heart already! I don't own any of those consoles, and ust bought a PS3… Guh. The characters look ugly in 3D, I think they should've opted for a less cutesy art, but still… It's 999 with goddamn 24 endings and, apparently, allows you to pick your partner instead of
forcing you to follow June all through the game if you want the true ending
. I'm in love with the new features, specially that, apparently, some characters might die and others not, and there's a ~*flowchart*~. Will definitely consider buying a new console when this is out in english >0>

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#17 Post by teacup »

Just posting here to add that some gameplay from the Japanese demo has been put up on youtube. Has anyone seen it? It looks very similar to the first.
Also, when I see it in action, the 3D models don't bother me as much. I still prefer the 2D sprites but this isn't as bad as I had feared.
Unfortunately, a lot of fans are speculating that this won't get localized due to problems with the voice acting, and this.
But I'm following the status of this game quite closely so I might post more updates here every once in a while. ^^

TenshiEffect

#18 Post by TenshiEffect »

The Official title for the sequel is Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward.
It will be released on the 3DS and Playstation Vita in the Fall.
And it will feature a dual voice option, with both Japanese and English Voices.
There's also an article in the March edition of Nintendo Power.

Aksys Annoucement:
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward Announcement

Siliconera Article:
Good People Die Headed To North America As “Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward”

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#19 Post by kaleidofish »

Awesome! And, dual voices? Even better than I expected. I loved 999 so much that I passed it around to people to get them hooked on it, too. I'm sure Zero Escape will exceed my expectations...I seriously can't wait. My only question is...which system? :? (Knowing me, though, I'll just wait to borrow a 3DS from someone, lol. Although if the PSVita is truly backwards compatible, that's pretty tempting...)
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#20 Post by teacup »

:D I actually cried when I heard this news, mostly because a lot of my friends and I already came to the conclusion that we would never get to play this and were pretty bummed. Then to hear it's going to get localized as soon as this year... perfect news!!
Thank goodness my birthday is in a few months so I can get a 3DS before it comes out!

Gambit74
Regular

#21 Post by Gambit74 »

Planning to get the 3DS version. That is, if I can get a 3DS by the end of the year.
Nothing to see here, folks. For now, anyway...

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#22 Post by teacup »

Game comes out October 23 in America and pre-orders are up! Just wondering if anyone has pre-ordered/is planning to?
The first game had a pre-order bonus [replica of the bracelets] so I'm hoping this one will have some kind of cool bonus too.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by CheeryMoya »

Ah fffff, I haven't been keeping up with this game like I should :C But yeah, pre-orders right now? A quick Google search has brought up nothing on a bonus item if you do order it early, but who cares? The game by itself is enough of a bonus for me :lol:

Now the question is whether my parents will let me pre-order it ;-; Maybe I can get my sister to...

Flying Cat

Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward [999 Sequel!]

#24 Post by Flying Cat »

I am SO excited for this! The only thing that kind of concerns me is
that it's on 3DS and Vita. The fact that 999 was on DS was part of the plot. The 3DS and Vita are not very similar, so I'm just hoping that nothing is lost between the two versions.
Still, I couldn't be more excited for this!

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#25 Post by papillon »

I've heard complaints that the Vita port is not very good, because the interface was clearly designed for the 3DS and not reworked. (From someone who reads Japanese.)

Which makes it all the more likely that I'll never play this sequel.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#26 Post by teacup »

Well, thank goodness I chose to get a 3DS over a Vita then.
I wouldn't miss this sequel for the world, no matter what others might be saying about it. Admittedly I was a bit worried about it being on 3DS and Vita since half the brilliance of the first game was due to its use of the dual screens, but I'm still going into this with very, very, VERY high expectations. And I mean very high. That's probably not a good thing but I'm not going to doubt Kotaro Uchikoshi's stories - he hasn't disappointed me yet.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#27 Post by papillon »

Well, I'd love to play it on the 3DS if Nintendo would rescind their policies... :)

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#28 Post by teacup »

Which policies? Is it the region lock thing?
(I think I remember you talking about that before on another thread, though I cant actually recall if that was you or someone else >.>)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#29 Post by papillon »

Yeah, I'm the one always whining about region lock. Because I spend a lot of time in both the US and the UK (as well as, for the DS, having a tiny few Japanese imports). It would be seriously obnoxious to have to carry TWO portables everywhere I went and paste huge labels on all of my carts to remember which would work in which.

(Well, technically if I try I can see which ones are which because the US-purchased ones have ESRB stamps on the front of the cart. So, looking at the DS and the games I'm currently carrying with me, 5 of them are UK-purchased and 8 of them are US-purchased. Probably.)

Because the DS is region-free, both my parents and my in-laws can buy me games for christmas/birthday presents and I don't have to worry about it.

Anthy
Regular

#30 Post by Anthy »

I also hate the region lock :[

I have a Japanese 3DS, which is great since I import almost all my games, but I'm worried that if I imported this game the story might be too hard to follow. I played 999 in English, and it was heady/confusing at times, even in my native language. I played Umineko in Japanese which was pretty headtrippy, and understood most of it, but it didn't have any choices or puzzles to trip me up either.

This is so far the only game I'd want on my 3DS in English; there's no way I'm buying a US one for just one game. I don't own a Vita yet, and if the Vita port really isn't that good... meh. When the time comes I'll have to research it and see whether it'd be better to get 3DS Japanese version and risk missing some plot intricacies, or hold off for Vita English version and deal with a clunky interface. :/ "Fortunately", I'm broke right now, so I have time to think about it...

damnit Nintendo!