Boku no Shokora

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
GARLICBREAD

Boku no Shokora

#1 Post by GARLICBREAD »

Hey everyone, a free doujin game called Boku no Shokura was just translated by a group called Ouiratsuike!

Game plot from Ouiratsuike's site:
“I will exchange your younger brother back to you in return for your homemade chocolate.” In order to save her younger brother, the heroine (Default Name:Komachi) makes her way to the one who sent her the threat letter with those exact words. The sender is Takaomi, the son of distinguished family who are the owners of corporate enterprise. The heroine thought the deal would be solved if she just handed over her chocolate, but—

She won’t be able to return until she satisfies his demands!?

Check out their site for more details and download on the game's page on their site:
http://ouiratsuike.tk/?cat=8
Last edited by GARLICBREAD on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Boku no Shokura

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

I hadn't heard of this translation group before. It looks like this is their first project, and it was apparently released just hours ago. Looking elsewhere on their site, it appears they're also translating drama CDs and promotion videos.

Also, I was a little surprised to see that the group is distributing both the freeware game and the patch as the same file. Other people who translate freeware games tend to release their patches as separate files. (One example is the original PC version of Cave Story, or Guardian of Paradise, or Hatoful Boyfriend.)
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#3 Post by Blane Doyle »

OH sweet, a new translator for FREE doujin games! I know of a couple places that translated freeware games, but I haven't seen a new one in quite some time.

I think I'll try this out then!

borisoda
Regular

#4 Post by borisoda »

Thank you for sharing the information!
The game was short, sweet, and funny :)

Soli-chan
Projects: Starlocket, PAPER FACES, Avrilun, Halcyon Days, Macrumbia: Interlude of the Dreaming
Organization: s00t studi0s

#5 Post by Soli-chan »

Very much obliged to you for getting this information out there. ^^

I came across it in a different source, and actually thought it was older then it actually was. That is, that it had been released sometime in the past years. Anyhow, this was a rather fun game and I have a review in the works. Will cross post when done. All in all though, it was rather enjoyable and cute.

Thelo
Regular

Re: Boku no Shokora

#6 Post by Thelo »

In the interest of making searches work: it's Boku no Shokora, not Boku no Shokura.

GARLICBREAD

#7 Post by GARLICBREAD »

Whoops, my mistake! Also, for those of you who've played it please keep checking the site every once and a while for more translations and patches. If anything else Boku no Shokora comes around I'll update this too...

GARLICBREAD

#8 Post by GARLICBREAD »

Just letting everyone know that Ouiratsuike has just released Boku no Shokora's white day patch today so please check it out!

Exaelia
Regular

#9 Post by Exaelia »

-flails- What I want to know is how to get the other endings?!
"If I cared what people think, I would have dyed my hair black."
~Kurosaki Ichigo