Any free non-H dating sims games

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#31 Post by Megaman Z »

papillon wrote:Hrm. I wonder what's involved in getting your own toys produced? (Probably not at all feasible for an individual, but... DOLLIES!)
dollies?!? that's the best you can think of?!? (rams his own head into the wall...) ouch...
back (somewhat) on-topic:
PyTom wrote:Right now, I think that it's most important to grow the community. That's why I'm doing things like making Ren'Py and my games free for anyone who wants them. In the future, I might switch Ren'Py over to a commercial license for commercial games. (It will always be free for free games.)

As my way of helping to support free games, I'm doing things like donating hosting for the Ren'Ai archive. If Megaman Z's game fits there, we can host it there. (Actually, I'm willing to donate hosting for most visual-novel type games. It's only when a game has huge crossover appeal, like Shoujo Attack did, that I get scared. But even there, I can probably work some magic with distributed web caches to get it hosted.)
hmm... commercial license, eh? (starts writing storyline, then stops when remembering he has nobody with artistical skill NOR does he have enough spare time to program)
as far as hosting my game, two little things I think you should know about it...
A) there are few graphics in it (it's mainly the health bar right now, which I'll redo the graphics for when I get the files home from school, and I'm playing around with another setup in visual basic to allow me to use a WIDE range of images without manually finding the images on the hard drive...)
and
B) I don't quite think my game would classify as ren'ai, but I'll leave the decision up to you guys/girls.
also, be ready for a few "reflex tests", among other little suprises... (evil laugh :twisted: )
(PyTom, you are now near the top of my list of possible hosts. if all else fails, I can submit it to PlanetSourceCode.com, but that would mean Visual Basic 6.0 would be required to play it, as they don't accept compiled files :( )
(I forgot you help run the ren'ai archive, PyTom... DARNIT! I usually keep track of who runs which web sites. let's see... [start's talking to self again...])
~Kitsune Zeta

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#32 Post by papillon »

What's wrong with dollies? :) I have a lovely collection of Sister Princess keychain figures (so cute even my husband picks them up and makes them kiss), a chibi Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus, a slowly growing collection of DollFies (I just got a head with elf ears! Yay!) and then there's all the HeroClix miniatures... :)

Iaman
Regular

#33 Post by Iaman »

nuthin's wrong with dollies!

Anyways, us english-only speaking folks can rejoice, because the nintendo ds seems to be leaning towards actually having renai type games for it! I mean, they've at least come out with one or two already, there's bound to be more on the way!
I have no pants!

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#34 Post by Megaman Z »

...actually having renai type games for it! I mean, they've at least come out with one or two already, there's bound to be more on the way!
Yeah, problem comes in, regardless of the rating, the stores I find them at only let people 18+ purchase them. (down at the Eglin BX, which is the closest spot I know of that has one of these games, there's a T rated game that they put a sticker on saying they would only sell them to adults. said game is... I think it's that first one announced (and released) by Nintendo... I forget it's name...) I'd kinda have to wait a few years to purchase them myself. [however, on the upside, there would be-*mutes TV that's repeatedly playing the Lifeline Trailer on the PS2 disc. god, that gets annoying...*-a high likelyhood that there'd be more renai-genre games stateside...]

[of course, something I'd like to see would be something like what Konami did with Lifeline: have a renai game use a Microphone for conversation (complete with [hopefully better*] voice recognition) as well as a standard controller for control.]

*-at what point did "shoot" become a synonym of "Tail", and "middle eye" a synonym of "Mouth"? other curious notes include "take a shower" (don't ask, it doesn't work when recognized correctly. Rio just gives a small comment. also, it only works IN a bathroom for obvious reasons) with "check the mirror"; "NO!" with "Shoot" (at the moon suite. that cost Rio a bit of health); "save point" with "Hatch two"; and "Left" with "down".

Eclipse (and anyone without "Lifeline" and still confused about why I'm referring to "Rio")>>Rio is the name of the waitress/heroine that you guide via voice commands. just thought I'd clear that up before Eclipse bombards me with PM's
~Kitsune Zeta

Iaman
Regular

#35 Post by Iaman »

Well, I don't even have a DS, so it doesn't really help me at all... but if I could save up money, I'd probably buy them.

Anyways, I think the game was "Hitched!" or something like that. Or you could be thinking of "Feel the Love" maybe... I dunno.
I have no pants!