Vampires Dawn - The Crimson Realm

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
NoJoker
Regular
Completed: Sleepless Night series, Soulmates, TIWIWTD, TKABS
Projects: Legend of the Silver Fox, Sleepless Night 3
Deviantart: Massimow
itch: massimow
Discord: Massimo#3596

Vampires Dawn - The Crimson Realm

#1 Post by NoJoker »

Vampires Dawn is a German RPG series by 'Marlex' about the three vampires Valnar, Asgar, and Alaine. The new installment Vampires Dawn: The Crimson Realm will also be released in English!
You don't have to play the other games to understand the whole story of TCR. The series is know for its black humor and great story. The project will be funded with crowdfunding.

If you like vampires and dark fantasy, please take a look. You won't be disappointed :)
You'll find all information about the game and the crowdfunding here:
http://www.vampiresdawn.eu/?lang=en
Last edited by NoJoker on Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

NoJoker
Regular

Re: Vampires Dawn - The Crimson Realm

#2 Post by NoJoker »

Sorry for the double post. Just wanted to say that now there is an English translation of the first Vampires Dawn game. You can download the game for free here:
http://www.vampiresdawn.org/forum/viewt ... =1&t=16702

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

Now that there's an English version (or is it a patch?), I might look into this one.

Though it has been a while since I played any computer game... if I'm using my PC these days, it's usually just for web browsing. I've sometimes had serious problems using VLC or Windows Media Player to play free fan-made videos. Because of this, I'm not sure if my computer can still run simple 2D games.

NoJoker
Regular

#4 Post by NoJoker »

It's not a patch, it's a full English version. I played it for a while and the translation seems to be good (except for some typos).

Xuan
Regular
Projects: Dustbin Dreaming

#5 Post by Xuan »

I've always loved to play the old 2D style RPG game, though I really must ask this: Does it have a good story? One cannot help but ask it after 200+ VNs.

NoJoker
Regular

#6 Post by NoJoker »

I think the story is really interesting and very complex. I loved the characters; they are different from other vampire characters and it was fun to discover a whole new vampire world. I think it's worth to give it a try. It really is famous here in Germany and there are many fans :)

squark
Veteran
Completed: Tour de Pharmacy (Proofreader), The Abandoned Land: Book One (Proofreader)
Projects: Raven Hollow (Core Coder, Proofreader), The Universal Hope (Core Coder, Proofreader)
Organization: FlareBlue Entertainment

#7 Post by squark »

Just curious, and I'm posting here as my German comprehension isn't the best. But do you know if there's going to be an English release of the second game?
Without communication, nothing is possible.
"All we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore"
-- Edgar Allen Poe, "A Dream Within A Dream"
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Raven Hollow (on hold for now)
Peace and Love,
Squark

NoJoker
Regular

#8 Post by NoJoker »

I guess there's a English translation in the works but I'm not 100% sure...
Maybe you can check out the spin-off/prequel Vampires Dawn: Deceit of Heretics in the meantime? It's available in English, too.
Here's the link to the game: http://www.vampiresdawn.org/download/?form=vd_de
I think you need to register to download it but it's free (the game is also free) :)

And I just thought I put the chronological order of the games here again because it can be quite confusing:
Vampires Dawn: Deceit of Heretics (2007) [available in English]
Vampires Dawn: The Crimson Realm (TBA) [will also be released in English]
Vampires Dawn: Reign of Blood (2001) [available in English]
Vampires Dawn II: Ancient Blood (2005) [not available in English]

squark
Veteran
Completed: Tour de Pharmacy (Proofreader), The Abandoned Land: Book One (Proofreader)
Projects: Raven Hollow (Core Coder, Proofreader), The Universal Hope (Core Coder, Proofreader)
Organization: FlareBlue Entertainment

#9 Post by squark »

Necro thread powers, activate!

Anyway, I've played Reign of Blood for a few hours and I have some gripes.
The translated text uses lettering that sometimes runs one letter into the next (this is common in translations, usually RM2K produces this) and the already mentioned typos. I love the way you actually have to know things before they're available and that you really need to pay attention.
Valnar's personality seems pretty realistic (if anything with vampires can be called realistic). He's got a depth I haven't seen in gaming for the longest time.
Asgar strikes me as a total asshat. He's too insane for me to identify with.
Alaine seems a bit "meh" about the whole vampire thing but I've only gotten as far as the encounter with Abraxas who is meant to kick your arse from here to Oblivion and back. It's never really explained how she got her voice back. Small omission, not really all that important.

My biggest gripe is the bloody ridiculous amount of random encounters. This takes away from the game in the way it stops me playing Breath Of Fire II, though it's even worse than that.

I have things to do, so I'll stop now.
Without communication, nothing is possible.
"All we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore"
-- Edgar Allen Poe, "A Dream Within A Dream"
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Raven Hollow (on hold for now)
Peace and Love,
Squark

NoJoker
Regular

#10 Post by NoJoker »

I understand your points. Personally, I think the best thing about Vampires Dawn is the characters. Especially the interaction between the three main characters. I have to agree that the most annoying thing is these random encounters, I really hate this in RPG games. The sequel features a better battle system and the enemies are visible on the map, so no more random encounters! Unfortunately, the second game isn't translated yet, which is a shame because the plot gets much more complex and I think the characters really develop and grow in Vampires Dawn II: Ancient Blood. Alaine is my favorite character of the series and she has the most complicated past of the three I think. You'll understand her better when you're near the end of the game :)

NoJoker
Regular

#11 Post by NoJoker »

It has been quite a while, but the second game is now available in English! You can download the game here: http://www.vampiresdawn.eu/Downloads/Va ... nglish.zip
It seems like it was translated by the same person who translated the first game: kj150. Now that the whole series is available in English, let's look forward to Vampires Dawn: The Crimson Realm! :)
You can stay up to date on this website: http://www.vampiresdawn.eu/

In June, a prototype of The Crimson Realm was released -> check it out if you are interested: http://www.vampiresdawn.eu/Downloads/Va ... n3_TCR.zip

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#12 Post by Vatina »

Never heard of these, curious! German rpg series about vampires? I'll probably have to check this out :) Thanks for sharing!

Haiyanama_Fujito
Completed: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Farcry 3,The Elder Scroll: 3 Morrowind , 4 Oblivion, 5 Skyrim, VD:1 & 2DoH, SONIC 1,2,3

#13 Post by Haiyanama_Fujito »

Hi guys :D !... I'm a Fan of this game... since when I was young at the age of 7 8) , I first played VD2: Deceit of Heretics on nokia N73... when I finished this game, I'd surprised because this game is so awesome but... I :cry: cry because the story is not end... I searched the chapters/story of this game and whooooa... I missed one story... then I play VD1... shortly confused because the part asgar,alaine & valnar was not in the VD2: DoH so I finished the game I realize this story is so INTENSE, EXCITING and AWESOME... but my problem is... IS THERE A ENGLISH VERSION OF VD2:AB??? sadly I waited so long of releasing of this ENG. Version because to be honest I'm a Filipino (Philippines). in that point years past, technology changed, and new moment will arrived. but I change my games New, 3d, also RPG the famous game now (2015 of bethesda)... but now I'm 15 years old and I want to finished this game waiting again for the English version of VD:2AB and released of VD3:CR... please guys I LOVED THIS GAME! I Love marlex hehehe (I'd shock because I thought Marlex is a guy but WHAT A WONDERFUL CREATOR of this game ever.) so please guys I hope there is a changes... Thank You....