Mitodokebito...

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Jerails
Veteran

Mitodokebito...

#1 Post by Jerails »

Mitodokebito.

Before I begin...I'm dying to know what that means...If you need the kanji to translate, it flashes in as you watch the intro for the site.

I'm not dead certain what the game is about, considering that it looks to be still in it's beginning stages, but I figured I'd show you guys something that I like. From what I can tell, Death's a girl...And that's about it. So...when I die, I'm expecting her to visit me! If I get a skeleton in a cloak, I swear I'll pull his arm out and beat him with it!

Can't read Japanese...That's what Babelfishy is for! Though it translates into a really funky English, you can get the jist of everything. Be warned, trying to download when babelfish is translating screws up everything, so if you plan on downloading their demo, their OP, or their music sample, disable the babel.

Now then...Can anyone direct to a site that offers the language packet for Japanese? I remember a prompt asking me to download it a long time ago, but I said no and never again. Now that this game has popped up, I've tried playing it, but instead of the kanji that my friend gets, (He downloaded it so he could figure out what was wrong with my version of the game, so he told me I must be missing out on the language packet for Japanese) I just get a bunch of English letters...Heck, the girl's name is "1/4 A" when I play it!
It's been a while, folks!

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#2 Post by Sai »

What Windows platform are you using (if any)?

That popup you got was probably for downloading the Japanese pack for the internet, which is for webpages only. It's most likely available on http://www.microsoft.com or on your Windows CD. If this game is to be played offline on your computer, you'd need to check Start > Control panel > Regional Settings and see if you can set your system to Japanese or something.

Jerails
Veteran

#3 Post by Jerails »

Well, I'm running Windows XP home edition...I'll go ahead and check all that stuff...

Update : Well...I did the whole start>CP>Region and such, added Japanese to the list, installed it...Now I'm gonna check later to see if it works...I don't have the energy to do that right now...
It's been a while, folks!