English Planetarian on iOS?!

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
akizakura
Regular
Completed: Adversity Comp 2012
Projects: Everything's Going My Way
Organization: Mitayume

English Planetarian on iOS?!

#1 Post by akizakura »

That's what this article says.

Considering how iffy Key has been about the Western market, I'm VERY surprised and hoping it's the real thing. I'm not saying that to knock fan-translations (though I don't like a scenario where someone would charge and deprive the creators of money), but if Key really took the steps and had one of their works translated and released into English, it may very well mean their position is changing.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: English Planetarian on iOS?!

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

Heard about it after Hanako Games mentioned it on Twitter. Purchased it on iTunes just minutes later.

I believe the company releasing products for mobile devices is VisualArts. Their VNDB entry shows that they've released some untranslated side stories related to Little Busters. According to what I see on iTunes at the moment, there's also content related to Rewrite.

AxemRed
Veteran

#3 Post by AxemRed »

Uhm, doesn't Visual Art's -own- Key? Why are you talking about it as if it's some random third party?

borisoda
Regular

#4 Post by borisoda »

Yeah I was surprised by this too,
hope they decide to release other games in future on android as well lol

akizakura
Regular
Completed: Adversity Comp 2012
Projects: Everything's Going My Way
Organization: Mitayume

#5 Post by akizakura »

AxemRed wrote:Uhm, doesn't Visual Art's -own- Key? Why are you talking about it as if it's some random third party?
Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't referring to VA being able to distribute Key games, but whether this really IS VisualArts. I was more concerned about it being a pirated copy - when the App Store first started, I remember seeing games being distributed illegally, but I suspect Apple's reigned it in since then.

neebuu
Projects: Ataxia
Organization: Veggie Studios

#6 Post by neebuu »

Planetarian being my favorite visual novel (kinetic novel, technically) I was really excited to see it on the iOS market and jumped to buy it. The official translation is not as favorable as the fan translation, but it's still really great!

pwisaguacate
Veteran

#7 Post by pwisaguacate »

Ah yes, I remember reading about the iOS release... I played Planetarian last year, and it was a GOOD kinetic novel. It needs more love, and I suspect the music album (not OST) is even less well known.