Paca Plus

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Paca Plus

#1 Post by gekiganwing »

Thanks to the VNDB, I learned that Paco Project's 2011 indie visual novel Paca Plus now has a full English translation. The people at Paco Project created and released the translated version. It's currently being sold on the worksafe English side of DLSite for about $12 US. Should work on most recent Windows computers (XP, Vista, and 7 are supported).

I remember hearing about this VN due to its amusing, absurd premise: boy meets girl, then girl turns into an alpaca. Its description on DLSite includes the phrase "...moe cute ADV game..." That said, because I find crack stories and games amusing, I might buy it in the next few days.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

Re: Paca Plus

#2 Post by teacup »

Bought it.
Thanks for informing us about this - I'd been really wanting to play it for the longest time. xD
It was one of the games I had hoped would be translated during the DLsite competition, but didn't happen.
I'm going to enjoy this. >:3

edit: Just a warning, the English translation is pretty shoddy... almost seems like they used an instant translator.
Luckily you can switch it back to Japanese (sadly, I can understand the Japanese better xD)
So you might want to try the trial version before you buy. And possibly lower your standards.
Attachments
engrish.png

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Paca Plus

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

It's a shame to hear that the translation is sub-par. Especially since the English writing on Paco Project's site is competent, and only has a few errors. That said, if you can offer them some criticism and feedback, then send them a message.