{H} Canvas 2

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Sai
Winged Hybrid

{H} Canvas 2

#1 Post by Sai »

I just discovered the official website has a neat puzzle game. You get rewarded with a high quality version of an event CG from the actual game, for different desktop resolutions (wallpapers).
Just click on one of the images and go for it, entertaining if you're bored or something =)
http://www.fandc.co.jp/canvas2/sub/puzzle/index.html

That's a direct link to a subpage though because the site is in Japanese. The main site is obviously http://www.fandc.co.jp/canvas2/ (note: one or 2 adult images are on it so you must be over 18. No adult images on the puzzle page though)

Anyway this game has very pretty artwork... I knew of Canvas before Canvas 2. And it also has pretty artwork.
I reccomend you download the promotional video on that site by the way (or the "trial" demo if you like). The video is really nice and the song is great, it has no adult images by the way.
Don't know if the trial has any adult content, never got it to work.

Actually, speaking of songs, the reason I was scouring the website was because I was looking to see if this game has a soundtrack released yet. Incidentally, anyone know? I don't think the first Canvas game got a soundtrack release unless it's just gone into obscurity... I hope they do release one. Oh well...

Binki
Regular

#2 Post by Binki »

IT looks like you can play as male or female. I realy like the art and am trying out the demo. Oh I beat all the puzzles ^_^;;.

EDIT: I tried my best to get that demo to work to no avail :( stupid LHA

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#3 Post by Sai »

I couldn't get the demo to work either personally -_-
You already tried setting your computers language settings to Japanese? In Windows XP you can go to Control Panel and simply change the Regional settings so that the main language and encoding is Japanese and most Japanese games should work...
What do you mean by LHA? ^^; The compression format? But that should be LHZ I thought o_O If you mean the file format it's compressed in, WinRAR should be able to deal with it.... But somewhere you also should be able to find a LHZ extractor software. I used to have one somewhere but when I found WinRAR works with Japanese LHZ I let it fall into the abyss of my old computer.

Herumutsu
Regular

#4 Post by Herumutsu »

Sai wrote:What do you mean by LHA? ^^; The compression format? But that should be LHZ I thought o_O
You probably mean LZH. :wink:

As for LHA, it's what the compression-format is commonly called - both .lha and .lzh use LHA-compression. There are some other LHA-extensions as well, but their popularity doesn't really compare.

Any modern compression/decompression-program should be able to handle these files. Of course, keeping these tools up-to-date is a requirement.

If there are still problems with the compressed file, it would be interesting to know:

1)What is the name/version of the decompression-tool being used?

2)At what point does it fail?

3)Are there any error-messages?

Surely, Sai or myself would be able to come up with some possible solutions.

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#5 Post by Sai »

Herumutsu wrote:You probably mean LZH. :wink:
Oops ^^;; Yeah, I meant that heh x_o; Thanks for the correction/info =)

Herumutsu
Regular

#6 Post by Herumutsu »

Not a problem. :)

Piroshiki
Regular

#7 Post by Piroshiki »

The first Canvas has a both an original soundtrack and a piano collection, and Canvas 2 has an original soundtrack and a limited edition remix soundtrack was also released. I have no idea as to where to buy them though.

Binki: Err, no, as far as I know you can only play as a male. There might be more, but the only game that comes to my mind in which you can choose your gender is a 1998 Playstation game called 夢☆色いろ.
I'm not a meat bun ~nya

Binki is too lazy tologin

#8 Post by Binki is too lazy tologin »

I'm using winzip. I tried an Lhz ( LHA ) extractor but the extcartor didn't work. Winzip says something about how it can't extract LHA ( lzh ) files. :(

Herumutsu
Regular

#9 Post by Herumutsu »

Maybe the extractor was too old? The various formats are occasionally updated/improved with better compression/stability and other features, so the extraction-tool needs to keep up with the advancements to be able to read the more recently compressed files.

Not a big fan of WinZip myself, as other programs have done a better job at keeping up with the times, IMO. (The lack of LHA-support being just one example.)

Did you give WinRAR a try?

Herumutsu
Regular

#10 Post by Herumutsu »

Another idea:

If you'd rather not install any more additional software, and still want to keep WinZip for some reason, I (or anyone else with the required software) could decompress the file, then recompress it into a format WinZip understands (probably .zip, to be sure) and send it to you, i.e. per e-mail or by uploading it somewhere - probably would be easier to transfer through IRC or any modern IM-program.

Depending on the exact filesize and any limitations on either method, the file may need to be splitted for that to work.

Zeta too lazy to login

#11 Post by Zeta too lazy to login »

just use winrar and be done with it. the only reason I have winrar is for stuff like this (and iso files I need to examine before [re]burning and the RXX file combinations)