Princess Maker2

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#16 Post by musical74 »

Home of the Underdogs has a a LOT of games there - I've gotten quite a few games from them =)

Princess Maker 2 is a WONDERFUL game, and, yes it is HIGHLY addictive <for example, having to be at work at 10 in the morning and staying awake till 5:30 because the game is so addictive...thank goodness for coffee!!> I've gotten Knight, Artist, Dancer, Writer, and Hero endings.

If you want her to fight you need to concentrate on Combat Skill first then Combat attack, and also build up her constitution and strength...trust me you DON'T want to go to the Eastern Forest and watch a Wildcat beat the tar out of you. <Speaking from personal experience>

I think the only problem I have run into that is aggravating is she seems to run away for absolutely no reason at all :? In the course of the game she tends to run away about 8 to 10 times...have yet to figure out why...anyone know what the way is to stop her from running away?
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#17 Post by rioka »

papillon wrote:I do have more PM-inspired products in my pipeline of things to do, depending on stuff and art budgets, of course...
Really? It would be nice to see what you can do. There seriously needs to be another raiser sim besides PM. Actually, I'm planning on making one myself... Shhhhh...

Wow, musical, she runs away from you? Never had that problem before.. Maybe you should spoil her a bit more or get her a job that'll bring up her sensibility.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#18 Post by papillon »

I have one idea that's very focused on the child/school part and has no RPG bits, and one that's very SIM/RPG and less raising *. At the moment I'm more likely to end up working on the RPG one, though - it's easier to get other people excited and signed up for that, and after Pentagraph I'm sort of burned out on educational content to do the school one. :)

(* Happy Cliche RPG Plot Ahoy - You are an 18yo orphan on your own in the world. Can you FIND YOUR DESTINY? Will you discover WHO YOU REALLY ARE? Will you SLAY DRAGONS or just LOVE TO SEW DRESSES? Only you can decide!)

But! Must finish the current bishoujo schoolgirl project first. So many games, so little time...

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#19 Post by chronoluminaire »

I recall her running away a couple of times when I played PM2 (a wonderful game :D) I guess it would depend on things like whether you always talk to her regularly and whether she's getting any treats.

My daughter's biography may be seen at http://www.toothycat.net/wiki/wiki.pl?P ... adiaSakana ;)

Mos

Well

#20 Post by Mos »

There isn't a complete english version the one at the underdogs is a beta version without a lot of features. So if you don't know japanesse you can't play the complete game.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Re: Well

#21 Post by mikey »

Mos wrote:There isn't a complete english version the one at the underdogs is a beta version without a lot of features. So if you don't know japanesse you can't play the complete game.
Sure? I pretty much remember playing it without seeing any strange Japanese signs... my princess always died on me (or the game ended somehow without her reaching any significant age) :roll:

Anyhow, I just wanted to know whether it's a limited version, or a version that is not completely English.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#22 Post by papillon »

It's *almost* complete. The problem is that a few of the endings are missing. So you get all the way to the end and then you get a "Error - cannot find WERWKLY.TXT" type message and miss out on the description of what happens to you. Slight letdown.

Also, some of the vacation pictures have been edited - but personally, I don't *really* want to see my underage daughter naked anyway, thanks!

hehe

I'm fine with the edited pictures

#23 Post by hehe »

It's just that the best endings are missing ( like queen if I'm not mistaken )... and also some parts of the dungeons... and some minor other things.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#24 Post by mikey »

Thanks, I'll make my updates then.

Binki
Regular

#25 Post by Binki »

Taleweaver wrote:
Actually, there was a couple of times I played that I gave her a regular diet and she never got fat - she fit into the party dresses just fine. =)
That must be because you never tried to stick her into the "dragon suit" or the Love Goddess outfit. Really, the game considers anything beyond Kate Moss as overweight. Just look at the measurements, weight and size and ask yourself if this can be considered healthy. (Not to mention that there is a pill in the game that increases bust size >.<)
Ahh buxomX I know it well XD

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#26 Post by kara24601 »

Hehe...the famous / infamous buxom pills...and undress dress :twisted:

Anyway , it being a fantasy game , it's not really a big deal about weight and such...all in the name of fanservice and weird japanese humor / fun!
But yeah in real life probably would be a bad thing and it's ridiculous how easily swayed we can be by media to make us feel bad about ourselves....*sighs* ( I'm a bit big girl so it annoys me to no end how much emphasis is put upon a certain weight and stuff...yet at the same time I got that same snobby attitude a bit myself so it's doubly hard...I love beautiful things and people and it's depressing.... arg.... )

Last time I checked , somebody had somehow found out that although they ditched the original pm4 idea with the black haired girl and her dog ( *cries* ) , they are still going to do a PM 4 but now it will be more like the other games...and the girl is blonde. I think they are going to bring back adventuring in the new PM4 but who knows...maybe they'll change their minds again and scrap the project completely start over AGAIN. japanese companies / work groups for certain things can be so weird
( jun planning does that "start something then change minds" thing too...ARG! soooo annoying! *pouts* oh and anybody who doesn't know what JP are about...sorry nothing to do with games but just yapping about them for comparison / another example )

( lots of dreams of making raising games myself too...but since I'm a PM fan of course alot of them are going to be pm-like ...one series in mind instead of raising a girl you raise a boy to possibly be king or other paths...first in that series the boy has pink hair and I can't remember for sure but I think he has red eyes too.... anyway that's about all I can remember of those plans....so...one PM-like series with raising boys instead of girls and the other even more like PM 'cause you'll be raising girls ...a couple of games in mind raising animals or mythical creatures instead of humans or fairies...ect. and I'm a harvest moon fan too so you might be "raising" crops in some of my games too! heh )

PixelWrangler
Regular

#27 Post by PixelWrangler »

Is this where I say that I've actually raised a princess in that game?

Twice?

This is not counting the time I hacked a save game file to max everything just for the fun of it and she became King of the land, then married the Prince and became the Princess as well. How's THAT for a bizarre family situation? :shock:

I've seen missing text in, I believe, the wizard/magic-user ending.

As for the weight issue... depending on how tall your daughter grows, the same weight may/may not cause her to not fit in the fancy dresses. Taller girl, more weight allowed.

A trick you can use to keep your daughter trim or to slim her down is to take vacations to the beach during the summer months (June, July and August). Up to ~6 lbs can be lost each month (~2 per trip), up to a total of ~16-18 lbs over the course of an entire summer.

For the "running away" problem... make sure to give your daughter enough free time. Watch out for "Mistress is becoming more rebellious..." warnings from Cube. And high sensitivity can also be a problem. Having her do housework is one way to lower sensitivity. (sesitivity over 300 can make things tough).

As for the mermaid... in the version I played, when you meet the mermaid and have a mermaid's tear, the daughter's sensitivity goes up, not her chest size, and you can't meet the mermaid without a mermaid's tear. As far as I know, the buxomize pill is the only way to increase the daughter's chest size.

P.W.

P.S. - http://www.princessmaker4.com
Life is hard.
Except in ren'ai games.
Then it's a whole lot softer.

kara24601
Veteran

#28 Post by kara24601 »

Wow , king - married the prince AND somehow became a princess all in the same file?! WEIRD. That's the first time I've ever heard of anything like that.
BTW the running away thing can be a problem even if you do your best to treat her nice / well and raise her right. That's another thing that annoys me.

Besides taking a certain vacation , of course you could always go to the cheat store and get money then go to whichever store sells the ancient milk ( eww! ) to make her lose weight without changing her diet.

I would be surprised if there was ANY version of PM where the mermaid visit causes your daughter to grow in bust size instead of sensitivity ( 'cause mine sure doesn't and as far as I know most people's copy don't! )

I think Cait Sith visit you can change her height or weight but not her bust size. Just saying.

PixelWrangler
Regular

#29 Post by PixelWrangler »

kara24601 wrote:Wow , king - married the prince AND somehow became a princess all in the same file?! WEIRD. That's the first time I've ever heard of anything like that.
Yes, I was surprised as well. Keep in mind, however, that was a hack done on the save file with a hex editor, so it is (most likely) impossible to accomplish by playing through the game normally. I spotted a hex editing FAQ (on GameFAQs, I think), and wanted to map as much as possible... that file was the culmination of my efforts.

Another fun hack trick is to start off the game with a few million gold... allows you to skip working and go straight to education. :)
kara24601 wrote:BTW the running away thing can be a problem even if you do your best to treat her nice / well and raise her right. That's another thing that annoys me.
In that case, it is most likely a combination of Sensitivity and (I believe) Morals. If your daughter is very sensitive (usually 300+) with low/no morals, she may run away. It's been a while since I played the game, but I seem to remember that those are the criteria. A few months of heavy Church work and/or Housework will help. :)
kara24601 wrote:Besides taking a certain vacation , of course you could always go to the cheat store and get money then go to whichever store sells the ancient milk ( eww! ) to make her lose weight without changing her diet.
You can also obtain Ancient Milk at a few places in-game... but if your daughter is way over the weight limit, the "final summer" approach is a good last-ditch method to use. Also, there's Cait Sith, but that's a fairly unrealiable source of weight loss.
kara24601 wrote:I would be surprised if there was ANY version of PM where the mermaid visit causes your daughter to grow in bust size instead of sensitivity ( 'cause mine sure doesn't and as far as I know most people's copy don't! )

I think Cait Sith visit you can change her height or weight but not her bust size. Just saying.
I did check out Cait Sith (never ran into him in-game - looked it up), and you're right. You can adjust weight up/down or height up/down, but not bust size. The Venus necklace affects Charisma (sexiness) and a couple of other statistics, but not bust size. And Lucifon can raise a stat of your choice, but does not alter physical attributes. The mermaid in PM2 only affects sensitivity, but there may be one in PM1, PM3, or the re-release of PM2 (unlikely... it was mostly just a graphics overhaul) that does this... I'm not really sure.

As an interesting note, if your daughter takes a buxomize pill, there is a hidden in-game value that toggles from "1" to "3". I'm really not sure what this does, exactly, but my guess is that it increases her bust growth rate slightly (the amount added on each month). Based on this, if bust size is your goal, it's not a bad idea to try to clear 1000 gold early, but make sure you end up with enough (1200 gold) to buy a buxomize pill when the travelling salesman comes around the first time. Clearing 1000 will only take a few months, but clearing 1200 when you do will be difficult, and will most likely require a triple-work month.

Now, for anyone who's wondering WHY increasing your daughter's bust size is important (besides pure "Ecchi" factor)...

- If she's old enough (15+, I seem to recall), the Old Dragon in the ruins will give her gold when she visits, based on her chest size. Larger chest = larger reward
- I believe that bust size is one of the factors that go into the daughter's ability to develop a relationship with the King's Concubine.

P.W.
Life is hard.
Except in ren'ai games.
Then it's a whole lot softer.

kara24601
Veteran

#30 Post by kara24601 »

Now for anyone wondering WHY ... ( and ) - If she's old enough (15+, I seem to recall), the Old Dragon in the ruins will give her gold when she visits, based on her chest size. Larger chest = larger reward
- I believe that bust size is one of the factors that go into the daughter's ability to develop a relationship with the King's Concubine.
LOL , yeah. I forgot to add in comments about WHY bust size is a bit of a deal in the game. I am surprised about the King's Concubine thing but I think the old dragon thing is a bit different ...sure he'll make comments on breast size sometimes but offering more gold just due to the breast size? Then again he is a "dirty old man" , heh. I think the dragon tights may have something to do with breast size too or if she's at the right age but not the right breast size he won't give her the tights? I can't remember for sure. :lol: