Ren'ai Contest

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

Ren'ai Contest

#1 Post by rioka »

I'm not exactly sure I should be posting this up here or in Games, Anime, etc but anyways, I think you guys would be interested so:

A contest is being run at MangaTutorials.com right now till September 14th. It's a different contest depending if you're in the US or not in the US. More info at the site but it's basically this:

If in US: Send in fan art of bishoujo game character, commercial or fan-made - win Graduation game.

If not in US: Send in original artwork fitting criteria at contest page - win and your character will be in a ren'ai game.

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#2 Post by Sai »

Hm sounds interesting. Thanks for the information. I might have a go if I get time or something.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#3 Post by Blue Lemma »

Oooh! You're making a ren'ai game? Neat! 8) I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open for information about this development ^_^

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#4 Post by rioka »

Sai>> Hope you can enter! You've got interesting characters. =)

lol Good luck on finding info Lemma-san. I'm keeping mum on this project as much as possible till the last possible moment when it comes out. I'd like for it to be a surprise.... *grin*

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#5 Post by rioka »

Hey mikey, it looks one of the entry's to the contest will be a fan art of your characters from the River Trap game.

lol And the one who'll be making it has also got an interesting take on your lines... Here, have a look. ^_^

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#6 Post by Sai »

Wow fanart. That's an honour for any game maker (in my opinion)... =) Congrats mikey.

Eh, I was gonna enter but then I read further into the requirements. I don't think I'd like to (or be very good at) a "seductive" character ^^;
Best of luck with your contest. I'll be looking forward to seeing the entries.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#7 Post by rioka »

Is that what's holding you back, Sai? Cuz all you really have to do is make a pretty original character and as for seductive, she could be just winking.

So far, each entrants interpretation of "seductive" has been different. It's the character that's going to be judged in the end. Her seductiveness is not top priority in my list.

Try it out. You've got nothing to loose except practicing your skills and meeting a challenge. =)

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#8 Post by Sai »

Oh I see. I thought it was a priority.
I'll see what I can do ^^ Thanks for the information.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#9 Post by rioka »

No problem! Just to let you know, you weren't the first to ask about the "seductive" bit. Maybe I should've just said "appealing" instead. ^.^
Good luck!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#10 Post by mikey »

OMG!!! That really IS an honour!! :oops: :oops: I... I... wow... :P I'm happy to be a part of it all...

Hmmm... now I can't wait for the art... and Sept 14th - guess what, that's the day I arrive in London (sweet vacation :wink: )